Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023-24 NBA Thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

Season now starts in a few days. Preseason is over; Wemby had some flashy highlights, but curious to see if he can keep up any of that kind of magic in the regular season. Also curious to see how the in-season tournament goes. I remember being skeptical of the play-in tournament when it was introduced awhile back, but I really like that innovation now.

I think the whole thing with him and Chet are that they can be great if they stay healthy but the body type is a big hurdle. If they hold up they can be HOF type players but we just haven't seen that body type hold up in the NBA before. Maybe it will or maybe it won't but the same thing is with Zion that they have talent it is just how much do they actually play.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Tonight was exceptionally fun -- really enjoyed seeing the first season games for a lot of teams I'm looking to follow. Saw most of the OKC game and some bits of the Cavs, Heat, and Spurs games. Wemby did pretty well in his debut, but the vets on Dallas put the Spurs away late in a close game. Okc put on a clinic, especially later in the 2nd half. Chet had some impressive buckets; I'm particularly impressed at what a smooth ball handler he is for a player his size. He and Wemby, if their bodies hold up, may pave the way for a new kind of lanky big man with extreme offensive skill versatility. Never seen players quite like them before. Could be the beginning of a unique era in the league.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Disgruntled James Harden was sent to the Clippers in a major trade. He's now reunited with Russell Westbrook again, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Disgruntled James Harden was sent to the Clippers in a major trade. He's now reunited with Russell Westbrook again, lol.

Pretty shocking trade. I know a lot of people will say he is a horrid teammate but this move I think will be beneficial for the Clippers. They gain somebody on a team that is always hurt and while he is a dud in the playoffs he does score a bunch of points in the regular season. I don't know how it will end for the Clippers but the West is absolutely loaded and now they add another star to their side to continue their lopsided dominance over the East. I don't know who will make the playoffs out West but their playoffs are going to be brutal with 10 teams that are legit trying to squeeze into 8 playoff spots. Going to be no easy first round match ups out there this year.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Draymond Green was suspended five games for the chokehold/headlock of Rudy Gobert last night.

Absolutely sick of this guy. He never stops doing reckless crap on the court.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Draymond Green was suspended five games for the chokehold/headlock of Rudy Gobert last night.

Absolutely sick of this guy. He never stops doing reckless crap on the court.

Surprise Surprise. The league goes soft on a turd they are trying to push and a team they are always trying to prop up.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Surprise Surprise. The league goes soft on a turd they are trying to push and a team they are always trying to prop up.

Dubs finally look totally done. Klay has been awful, Curry is too old and hurt to drag them to desperate Ws anymore, Dray is one fight away from seriously hurting another player, and they can't even beat a team like the Cavs when healthy.

The league is all about versatile bigs now. Going to enjoy Jokic and the development of Chet and Wemby.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dubs finally look totally done. Klay has been awful, Curry is too old and hurt to drag them to desperate Ws anymore, Dray is one fight away from seriously hurting another player, and they can't even beat a team like the Cavs when healthy.

Yeah the Warriors gambled on more experience and that isn't paying off right now. That will probably cost them in the loaded West with the upstart Kings/Wolves/Thunder all trying to play spoilers come playoff time. The Suns also don't look too hot right about now either.
    Last edited by pwaldo; 11-19-2023 at 10:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lots of not-good NBA news on Thanksgiving day, sadly.

Josh Giddey is trending in the news for an alleged relationship with an underage girl.

Chris Paul and referee Scott Foster had yet another incident last night.

And Spurs coach Gregg Popovich grabbed the PA system to tell off the Spurs crowd for booing Kawhi Leonard last night.

While I'm excited about some of the young talent, league is out of control at this point in many ways. Just never know if a player will be seriously hurt by Draymond Green, if an authority figure will overstep the line of normal behavior, or if a player will get caught in another pedo scandal. There's always something like this going on these days it seems.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is a constant horse race to see which coach I hate more in the NBA between Kerr and Pops. Pops is currently running away with it now. Imagine paying good money to go to a basketball game and this fascist dinosaur delays the game by trying to tell you to stop booing. Thankfully the fans booed even louder. It would have been better though if they went nuts like the White Sox fans did on Disco Demolition night. We've come full circle in the NBA from when they went into the stands to attack players to now they have to get some 80+ year old guy defend them from "too much booing". And in his defense Leonard didn't really mind or care for the booing it was just some nut who continually thinks he is better than everyone else wagging his finger at people having fun and not warranted from the player's side.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast