Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: 2023-24 NBA Thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

Remember when the Pelicans could have been the #4 seed? Yeah they tanked pretty quickly.

The Warriors bombed so hard this year it is mind blowing that they actually won a championship not that long ago. Seems crazy that it even happened.

And the Nuggets can't be too happy about having to play the Lakers. The Lakers aren't going to be an easy out.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

All the game ones have been played, and for the first time since 2013, all the higher seed home teams won the first game. The Thunder not surprisingly had the hardest time winning, as they're the youngest #1 seed in history, but their defense was good enough to get the slim W.

I do think much of the criticism of OKC has gone overboard. Are they truly the worst #1 seed ever? In terms of age and experience, yes, but I hardly doubt they're the worst on talent. It's silly for fans to talk about how deep the Western Conference is (which it is) only to follow that by saying the Thunder are the worst top seed ever. Logically, those things can't actually be true at the same time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

All the game ones have been played, and for the first time since 2013, all the higher seed home teams won the first game. The Thunder not surprisingly had the hardest time winning, as they're the youngest #1 seed in history, but their defense was good enough to get the slim W.

I do think much of the criticism of OKC has gone overboard. Are they truly the worst #1 seed ever? In terms of age and experience, yes, but I hardly doubt they're the worst on talent. It's silly for fans to talk about how deep the Western Conference is (which it is) only to follow that by saying the Thunder are the worst top seed ever. Logically, those things can't actually be true at the same time.

I don't know who is saying that but even without looking up past years you can easily tell it is wrong. The Thunder are the #1 seed in the West which has destroyed the East all year long so I don't know how the #1 seed in the stronger conference can somehow be the worst #1 all time. That would essentially make the rest of the league the worst of all time for finishing behind them / not be able to beat them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I don't know who is saying that but even without looking up past years you can easily tell it is wrong. The Thunder are the #1 seed in the West which has destroyed the East all year long so I don't know how the #1 seed in the stronger conference can somehow be the worst #1 all time. That would essentially make the rest of the league the worst of all time for finishing behind them / not be able to beat them.

I think Shannon Sharpe started the discussion about it, although he didn't specifically say they were the worst 1 seed ever, just the worst he's seen in a long while. The worst ever discourse is something I've seen from some online fans and online streamers on chats.

OKC did look much better in game 2, and I credit Coach Daigneault for not playing 6-6 Kenrich Williams at the 5 that game -- he did that in game one and throughout the regular season, and it's just a bad matchup. OKC was able to cut down the rebounding differential by not having an undersized guy play minutes at center.

Speaking of, Cavs sure were embarrassed by Orlando last night, and they got outrebounded heavily. I saw a lot of smaller guys on Banchero, who lit them up after having a turnover-heavy first two games where he was guarded more by Evan Mobley. Mobley rather disappeared on the road last night, grabbing only two boards and looking lost at times. The Cavs continue to struggle offensively, and I blame much of that on Coach Bickerstaff and his unimaginative schemes. I also put a lot of blame on Darius Garland, who has looked like crap ever since he got his big contract. I want Garland to succeed (his dad played college ball where I live, and Darius played college ball near where I grew up), but until he becomes better against traps, reduces the TOs, and makes better decisions on the floor, he's gonna look almost as overpaid as Jordan Poole, and that's sad.

Oh yeah the Nuggets still dominate the Lakers.
    Last edited by WilyWestbrook0; Yesterday at 05:04 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789