Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Question about 1996 Studio Masterstrokes Sample cards?

My question about 1996 Studio Masterstrokes Sample cards is it appears there are two versions of the card so how did they come about and what is the print run or value of the rarer versions?

They apparently made two different versions for every player. These aren't mine but I am just using them for example.

This is the more common sample marked PROMO/5000 on the back

This is the rarer harder to find version marked XXXX/5000 on the back with no mention of sample or promo.

I tried the Beckett Almanac and Baseballcardpedia but nothing so hopefully some of the player collectors can help out here since I don't think anybody else is interested. Just wanted to know how they were distributed and the value and rarity on the XXXX sample/promos.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

From a little more digging it seems like the regular sample cards were given out to card shops while people have labeled these XXXX cards as "Executive Proofs". They were supposedly only shown to and given to higher ups at Pinnacle or people that worked there. Still haven't seen any number guesstimates with either card but I'm really only interested in this Executive Proof since that is the one that I have. For those interested it is Frank Thomas if anybody needs it for their collection. Still haven't gotten around to scanning it though.