Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Looking back & forward & thanks scf family for the help

Greetings:
    For almost 16 year now (16 years officially December 30th) I look back at what I've accomplished & finished from the support of my SCF friends & family. Yes each member here is like family in helping out fellow colleagues with finding that 1 card or group of cards that ever eludes our collection. I thank my ring of supporting people you know whom you are cause you a member of the ring for those reasons cause of our friendship. Speaking of which tomorrow I am looking forward to seeing my friend from Maryland @LoQtus for a friendship reunion when he arrives here to my hometown in Michigan again. My story with him goes back to where I was in England in 2007 visiting my girlfriend at the time & I was bidding on a hobby box of 2002 Upper Deck 40-Man we went back n forth on it not knowing about the other with me finally getting the win on the box. Then he shoots me a message saying congrats on the win & if you would be interested in trading me the Lumber Yard Insert card as well some base cards well I responded yes when I get back to the States I'll do that shoot me an email with your list & then we'll trade well he did I responded but didn't hear back. That was in July. Fast forward to early 2008 1 of my earliest postings here on SCF I mentioned I have some 2002 Upper Deck 40-Man cards for trade (still have some if anyone needs any lmk via PM) he replied to my post I looked through them thought everything was lost then I recalled the card I had for him but not knowing it was his list found the ones made the 1st of many trades to him. Reaching out to make a new friend then made efforts to do a meeting if I could confirm the rumor of the National coming to his area in 2010 it was confirmed so in 2009 we met up him making the 1st trip to Michigan. We hit it off like brothers me being the youngest since he's 9 years older as well not have a little brother to deal with growing up since he's an only child & I had 2 brothers growing up. Since that 1st meeting we try to visit the other alternative years if possible at the others place for a trip to either attending the National Sports Card Convention or just go card hunting in a small town card store or antique stores as well going to the ballparks. We've been to Tigers game in Detroit, an Orioles game at Camden Yards to Nationals game Stephen Strasburg's Rookie season in DC to watching a minor league game in my hometown of Lansing to watch the Lugnuts play. 15 years of trading back n forth hard to believe that every time we meet up we find something good for our collections also hard to believe that both of us have seen our favorite Hockey Teams win a Stanley Cup Championship(him the Captiols me Red Wings). We've had to deal with non-collecting topics from our lives dealing after meeting with the others family for me my family as for him his mom. We both endure alot from being great friends & I do apologize to anyone reading this post but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who does help me out with my collection & I try to help them out with their collection. I look forward to seeing & meeting up with others on SCF whether its in person or talking to few that I spoken to over the phone even if it just something to say hi there let's talk about cards or our lives away from collecting cards knowing that I have enjoyed the company of. There's people that are in my ring that I would still like to meet up in person as well those whom I have talked over the phone with just to show my collection or see their collection as well compare deals that can come about in finding the missing items for the others. Case in point I was at a flea market in Ohio I came across a box of cards it mainly had some baseball from the 2012 to 2019 so I looked through them for my needs as well my ring friends needs (I never give up on looking for them after I look for myself cause I could make future trades with them) that's when I saw 4 cards for 3 different ring members I saw a Roberto Clemente card that @ersportcards needed for his collection for $.10 a steal 2 cards for @eric51 Gary Carter collection for $.50 total & the best card a 1959 Billy Loes Variant that didn't mention his trade to Washington that Loqtus needed for his 1959 set for a deal of a lifetime $.05 needless to say I contacted the previous 2 guys told them about their finds they were excited about my find for them. Then I contacted Loqtus mentioned where I was & wondering if I should get the card or not lol 😆 needless to say I didn't have to hear that screaming performance of words that only a mother could love from Maryland in how of a fool I'd be if I didn't get it I didn't tell him how much it was at the time I told him after I bought it & sent to him & having him contact me about the price that's why our friendship means something to the other. Anyway I again apologize for this long read but thanks again SCF I hope other Collector's can see what SCF has meant to me as I continue my journey with my collection as well what I am looking forward to tomorrow when I see my friend again. As for those that are in the ring & I've yet to meet come to Michigan & see what I can offer & I'll do my best to go see you at your area if you allow me to visit you or we can do a meeting at the National in Chicago or anywhere else they have it at other than Cleveland (yes I love Ohio but it's just something about that city that grinds my gears). In conclusion anyone have any suggestions for a new beginning for me other than my usual "Greetings: ......." statement I use or should I just stay with it cause its my trademark way of posting lmk in your comments please no hate stuff & thanks again for reading & allowing me to post this post.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Stuart, a nice story. Thanks. Also, I've enjoyed our connections of deal, trade, info., comments, etc. Have a good time at National card program. Have a good day and weekend, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Mets

I heard Cleveland rocks

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will take a Nationals in Cleveland over any other city hands down. More room, more affordable hotels, and a better venue than any other in my opinion. I mean where else do you have a bomb shelter if you need it and also a Ferris Wheel in the middle of the convention. Have fun and hopefully you can find somethings within your budget as prices are just ludicrous now for a lot of the newer stuff and older graded stuff. Hopefully, you find some great deals of folks unloading some less desirable condition stuff for guys and gals on a budget.

DOn

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @doniceage shame that you won't be in Chicago this year & I'm sure I'll find some decent stuff in-between the so-called collectors that hype too much on YouTube & then buy things that they pyramid scam their viewers on. As for you @eric51 ya needed for a visit here to join me as well Loqtus for a wild summer hitting up shops as well seeing how fun a national can be.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

How much did the VIP pass run this year?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @michigandan $179