Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Send PayPal to wittmann45

Advice Needed on Trevor Lawrence 2021 Leaf Pro Set #PS1 Rookie Card

Hi,

Any help would be appreciated. I won an auction for a Trevor Lawrence 2021 Leaf Pro Set #PS1 Rookie Card that happened to be a reverse negative card. I got the card on eBay at auction for cheap. I thought it was free shipping and I thought it was cheap simply because the title of the listing lacked a little detail and there no mention of it being a reverse negative. I don't collect football cards and am pretty exclusive to hockey cards, but it was a cheap card and I thought I could flip it right away for some extra money. Turns out, what I thought was free shipping (because it showed no price for shipping when I bid on the card) was in fact as auction where the only option was local pickup (I wasn't aware that was even a thing TBH). The buyer contacted me and told me that while the card was pick up only, shipping is an additional $14 CAN. I looked back at the listing and it was mentioned in the description so it is my fault. Pick up is not feasible. My question is whether I should just eat the price of the card ($1.25) or whether, if I immediately flipped the card, it is worth it to pay the shipping. Again, I don't have a lot of interest in collecting football cards and I was just looking for a quick flip.

I found this listing on eBay:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/353818288677

And it seems like the reverse negatives can be quite valuable. However, I found a few on retail sites for much cheaper (around $20 USD). Just curious if anyone had any knowledge about the market value of the card. I also noticed a lot of the reverse negative cards being sold are graded - any advice re: grading? Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Wittmann45; 07-14-2023 at 06:28 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The print run on the regular Pro Set is 56,111 copies. For the error version that is the reversed negative the print run is 1000 copies.

The regular one (56,111 copies) sells for like a $1 but the other one can go for $20 or more. The thing is football cards in the off season are pretty much an after thought so they are less in demand. That might be why the card is fetching less.

But I doubt it would bring in enough money to make $14 shipping to Canada worth it so I'd probably eat the $1.25 unless you really believe Trevor Lawrence is going to blow up big next year and turn into Mahomes or Brady. That's probably the only way that card becomes valuable enough because while 1000 print run is kinda rare in reality for modern cards that is quite plentiful for an online only release.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Send PayPal to wittmann45

The print run on the regular Pro Set is 56,111 copies. For the error version that is the reversed negative the print run is 1000 copies.

The regular one (56,111 copies) sells for like a $1 but the other one can go for $20 or more. The thing is football cards in the off season are pretty much an after thought so they are less in demand. That might be why the card is fetching less.

But I doubt it would bring in enough money to make $14 shipping to Canada worth it so I'd probably eat the $1.25 unless you really believe Trevor Lawrence is going to blow up big next year and turn into Mahomes or Brady. That's probably the only way that card becomes valuable enough because while 1000 print run is kinda rare in reality for modern cards that is quite plentiful for an online only release.

Awesome info, many thanks for the reply. Eat the cost it is! Just glad I didn't spend more on the card