https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onn-Brown.html

Aaron Hernandez's older brother was dramatically arrested on suspicion of plotting shootings at Brown University and University of Connecticut where he reportedly 'went into a number of classrooms.'

Dennis 'DJ' Hernandez, 37, yelled 'shoot me' at cops and had to be tasered during the arrest at his home on July 19, according to documents obtained by TMZ Sports, following reports he had traveled to the two schools to canvas them for shootings.

When police arrived at Hernandez's residence, a standoff ensued, during which DJ told officers he was 'on foot, armed and that if we approached him, he would kill us all.'

Cops had been told by a woman claiming to be DJ's ex-girlfriend that he used her car earlier this month to drive to Brown and UConn and 'went into a number of classrooms and buildings.'

Several people also came forward earlier this month claiming DJ had been acting erratically and sending threatening text messages, including some that alluded to 'taking lives,' cops said.

DJ previously played quarterback and wide receiver at UConn in the mid-2000s.

In the last week, he'd posted messages with threatening language to a social media profile earlier this month, one of which read: 'Will I kill? Absolutely, I've warned my enemies so pay up front.'

'He began yelling "shoot me,"' officers at the scene of Hernandez's arrest reported, who also said he disregarded 'numerous police commands.'

Eventually, DJ was tasered and fell to the ground before being taken into custody and transported to a local hospital for evaluation.

At the hospital, Hernandez continued making threats, saying he would take the life of 'anyone who profited off of his brother Aaron,' and 'mentioned specifically ESPN, but not any people.'

Upon his release from the hospital, Hernandez was taken to the Bristol Police Department, where he was booked on charges of threatening and breach of peace. He was held on a $250,000 bond.

Bristol Police Department said he displayed signs of being 'gravely disabled and a danger to society'.

Hernandez has repeatedly struggled with the law in recent past months. In May, he was arrested after officers said he led authorities on a car chase. At the time, police wrote they believed he was having a bipolar episode.

He was later arrested for allegedly throwing a brick at ESPN's headquarters, also located in Bristol.