Greetings:
Within a days before going to the National Sports Card Convention in Rosemont,Illinois. My friend from Maryland Loqtus & I along w/significant other of 8.5 years we went to a huge garage sale on Monday to see what we could find. It was like a huge 5 family affair when I was told that there was a box of cards in the far tent that I might want in the back of my mind I was thinking about the same old 1987 Topps & other stuff that I didn't need so I went in to humor my significant other to say wow a box of nothing. Well......it wasn't a box of nothing instead it glance at it saw that they're from the 1975 or 1976 pending what guide you ask as for me it's 1976 SSPCs so I already had the set got it back 1994 so I figured trade bait for team collectors the price tag said $15.00 swipe them along with a 1990 Topps Glossy Rookie Set featuring Ken Griffey Jr on top for $5.00 as the cashier if she'd take $15 for both so I could just actually get the Rookie set for free she'd accepted my offer then I went on my way back home. When I got home I started to put the SSPCs in order since they weren't. Now there's been 1 variation in the set that has eluded me a Nolan Ryan & Jim "Catfish" Hunter Card it's a checklist Card on the front Nolan's name can be spelled Nolan correctly or "Noland" I wanted to find the 2nd version spelled w/a '"d" well I lucked out I got it along with the 629 cards for a complete set. Now this is a set that has some great cards from a card that features the card I was able to find a Young George Brett card,Robin Yount as well a card of Hank Aaron as a Brewer Willie Mays as a Mets coach the only true card of Harmon Killebrew as a member of the Kansas City Royals (Sorry Twins fans he did play with Kansas City after many years with the Twins) as well Duke Snider as a Montreal Expos he was a broadcaster for them then but he's in Expos uniform as well Gary Carter real young. Then there's cards that pwaldo has featured in his Funny Card posts in the past from Steve Stone white man Afro to Joe Hoerner wearing a straw Easter bonnet type hat to a George Brett with a Fu Manchu mustache w/teammate Al Cowens on a checklist Card that has him growling at the picture like. The set even has a legend of Jimmie Reese who was a coach for the Angels at the time but when he played he roomed with Babe Ruth. The backs were written by a young college student who later took some of the photos of another set in 1981 Donruss & still later went on to fame for being on ESPN as well a fellow Sports Card enthusiast Keith Olbermann. So I think I did well in my find lmk what you think did I do well or not leave your comments below & yes I'm keeping the set unless I can find a replacement for the Nolan Ryan card that I needed.