Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Wander Franco faces investigation over claims he was in a relationship with an underage girl

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ml...rage-girl.html

Tampa Bay Rays star shortstop Wander Franco is reportedly being investigated by the Dominican Republic’s Attorney General’s Office for allegedly dating a minor.

The investigation is being led by magistrate Olga Diná, head of the National Directorate of Boys, Girls, Adolescents and Family, and is taking place in Franco’s hometown of Baní.

Dominican news outlet Noticias Telemicro first reported Monday.

DailyMail.com reached out to the National Directorate of Boys, Girls, Adolescents and Family for comment.

The government inquiry comes after the Rays organization released a statement that Franco had agreed to be placed on the restricted list for its road trip.

The Rays confirmed that Major League Baseball is also looking into the incident.

'We support any steps taken by the league to better understand the situation,' Tampa Bay said in the statement. 'Out of respect for all parties involved, we have no further comments at this time.'

The allegations stem from viral social media posts before Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Guardians and linked Franco to the young girl, whose age DailyMail.com has been unable to verify. Under MLB's domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse policy, the commissioner's office can place an accused player on paid administrative leave for up to seven days while an investigation takes place.

Franco held an Instagram Live session vehemently denying the reports. The age of consent in the Dominican Republic is 18.

'They're saying I got with a young girl, that I'm running around with a minor out there. How crazy is that, dude? People don't know what to do with their time. Go see,' Franco said in Spanish.

'Those people need to get moving. One is here focused, doing my thing, you see, thanks to God. That's why I prefer to be on my side and not get involved with anybody because people are so gossipy.'

Rays teammate José Siri later walked into the recording and shouted that it's just 'people after money.'

The livestream took place before the start of the game, ESPN Deportes reporter Enrique Rojas said Monday on the radio program, Grandes En Los Deportes, which airs in the Dominican Republic.

Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash told reporters before game that Franco was out of the lineup because he wanted to “get him off his feet.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

I recall reading an article where they allege Franco may not be in the MLB after this scandal. If this is true, it's unfortunate. Reminds me of what happens when you make poor choices that ruin your career i.e. Elijah Dukes, Michael Vick, Aaron Hernandez, Ray Rice, Ray Carruth, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

Anyone know if Topps has a buyback program for the Wander Franco inserts they didn't have the time to pull from the Update series?
    [-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

I doubt they’ll do that. He doesn’t seem to have been formally charged yet or convicted. They have to just sit tight and by the time anything happens, it will be too far gone to do a buyback.
    Yankees + Todd Greene collector. There are tens of thousands of Yankees I need. My grail card is a 2005 Topps Pristine Fielder's Choice Glove Relics #TG Todd Greene.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone know if Topps has a buyback program for the Wander Franco inserts they didn't have the time to pull from the Update series?

Would seem a bit harsh by Topps to do that since baseball and the Rays haven't even punished him yet. The guy could be innocent.