Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

does anyone need 73-74 Topps blankBacks???.... I also have A ton of "unusual cards".... Interesting stufff for sure!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

haha

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those are all game used or "movie used' jerseys BTW..... I have some other awesome stuff....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I'm already doing the online thing, I've been selling on eBay for 20+ years.... And like I say - I don't have a problem selling cards - I just accumulate way more then I can sell... Look, this is a one man game and I can only put so much into it before I feel like I'm neglecting everyone else... Of course, you have those around me that believe I'm hording cards, lol...... Of course that's another hilarious situation within itself because my parents recently retired (at least my mom did) and they convinced me to sell my house so I could move into their house - rent free, everything free - because they own several properties around the country and they want to travel - and they want me here with my family holding down "home base" which is what I'm doing but obviously I brought my cards, lol... Look man, they know all about it - I've been flipping cards since my first pack back in 1987, lol, but now at 43, and what I have accumulated ever since 2016 when I got back into the hobby - it's just become such a diverse inventory I'm struggling to sort it in any way that makes logical sense, lol....

So yea, I just figured that perhaps someone that posts here may have been in my position before and conquered the absolute madness .....

If you want to have a look at my eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=134704859718&rt=nc&_trksid=p4429486.m3 561.l2562&_ssn=nickittysplit

The easy answer is: stop buying for a while and focus on selling, selling and selling! You have some nice stuff in your store, if it's an indication of what else you have, there's serious money in your inventory. Sell, and maybe buy a few high-grade quality vintage cards that you could store in a safety deposit, maybe some properties!
    If I was to start again in cards, I would have a very small collection, probably under 50 cards, but high quality. Richard, Lemieux, Gretzky, ... graded rookies. I'm 37, I accumulated cards over the years too. My cards fit into 2 wall shelves and 2 big boxes somewhere else. Luckily, my children have an interest in cards, my daughter would like to run an online shop when she gets older.
    Last edited by odjickfan; 09-03-2023 at 09:39 AM.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

The easy answer is: stop buying for a while and focus on selling, selling and selling! You have some nice stuff in your store, if it's an indication of what else you have, there's serious money in your inventory. Sell, and maybe buy a few high-grade quality vintage cards that you could store in a safety deposit, maybe some properties!
    If I was to start again in cards, I would have a very small collection, probably under 50 cards, but high quality. Richard, Lemieux, Gretzky, ... graded rookies. I'm 37, I accumulated cards over the years too. My cards fit into 2 wall shelves and 2 big boxes somewhere else. Luckily, my children have an interest in cards, my daughter would like to run an online shop when she gets older.

I love hockey and sports in general but I have absolutely no connection to most of these cards, and the ones I do have a connection to are already in my PC (which is small - it would fit in an 1800 count box - outside of my Roenick, Belfour, Bannerman, Larmer and Savard collection) - But you know - all of my PC would fit in a 5000 count box... Look, this is just money to me man - I know there are purists out there that will be like "my head is going to explode" lol - but I do appreciate the hobby - but I cant appreciate everything, haha.... These days I really like memorabilia more I suppose...

It's just that I have no flipping idea how to organize this madness because it's so diverse.... It's like playing Tetris man, haha - I suppose you would be more familiar with that Dr. Mario game if you're 37.... And look, I'm totally fine as a person, no issues in my life outside of the normal everyday nonsense - I just had a look and wondered how someone else would deal with all of these cards, lol....

And yea, I understand what you're saying man - I've been thinking about sizing down and dealing in higher end slabs - but outside of hockey - I don't know anything about ultra-modern sports cards, that stuff is alien to me, haha.... Look, I don't know anything about "PSA 10 Luca" stuff - but I will tell you all about pre-1995 hockey and baseball - and I know a little bit about football too..

Anyways man, I could go on forever about this and that, but I was just curious about what others would do if they were in my position er situation.

BTW, if you collect Geno, I can send you a bunch - I set those guys aside - guys like Gino, Kris King, Kocur, Probert, Domi etc.. You'd call them "commons" but they're tremendously undervalued and there are collectors out there for those type of guys..... I mean perhaps I should just start slabbing all of his stuff?? haha.... Only problem is that my margins are better selling raw cards than I could ever make selling slabs... On average I make 100% on cards over 100 bucks and 500% + on most cards less than 100 bucks... So why would I get a Kris King rookie slabbed??? spend $20 and hope for a PSA 10 - and even if I get that 10, I may get $75 for the card - IF THAT - when I can go to a show and just find cards in dollar, 3 dollar, 5 dollar bins and flip them raw for crazy money... Moreover, slabs these days are a losing investment - especially for modern active players that haven't cemented themselves in the HOF.... Of course that is a different topic for a different day.... The junk slab era is here tho, lol...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

I organize this way.

- Sport
    - Year
    - Manufacturer
    - Numerical

Good Luck!
    Last edited by mq13; 09-04-2023 at 12:40 PM.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I love hockey and sports in general but I have absolutely no connection to most of these cards, and the ones I do have a connection to are already in my PC (which is small - it would fit in an 1800 count box - outside of my Roenick, Belfour, Bannerman, Larmer and Savard collection) - But you know - all of my PC would fit in a 5000 count box... Look, this is just money to me man - I know there are purists out there that will be like "my head is going to explode" lol - but I do appreciate the hobby - but I cant appreciate everything, haha.... These days I really like memorabilia more I suppose...

It's just that I have no flipping idea how to organize this madness because it's so diverse.... It's like playing Tetris man, haha - I suppose you would be more familiar with that Dr. Mario game if you're 37.... And look, I'm totally fine as a person, no issues in my life outside of the normal everyday nonsense - I just had a look and wondered how someone else would deal with all of these cards, lol....

And yea, I understand what you're saying man - I've been thinking about sizing down and dealing in higher end slabs - but outside of hockey - I don't know anything about ultra-modern sports cards, that stuff is alien to me, haha.... Look, I don't know anything about "PSA 10 Luca" stuff - but I will tell you all about pre-1995 hockey and baseball - and I know a little bit about football too..

Anyways man, I could go on forever about this and that, but I was just curious about what others would do if they were in my position er situation.

BTW, if you collect Geno, I can send you a bunch - I set those guys aside - guys like Gino, Kris King, Kocur, Probert, Domi etc.. You'd call them "commons" but they're tremendously undervalued and there are collectors out there for those type of guys..... I mean perhaps I should just start slabbing all of his stuff?? haha.... Only problem is that my margins are better selling raw cards than I could ever make selling slabs... On average I make 100% on cards over 100 bucks and 500% + on most cards less than 100 bucks... So why would I get a Kris King rookie slabbed??? spend $20 and hope for a PSA 10 - and even if I get that 10, I may get $75 for the card - IF THAT - when I can go to a show and just find cards in dollar, 3 dollar, 5 dollar bins and flip them raw for crazy money... Moreover, slabs these days are a losing investment - especially for modern active players that haven't cemented themselves in the HOF.... Of course that is a different topic for a different day.... The junk slab era is here tho, lol...

If most of these cards simply means money for you, it's even easier. One box at a time, you list and sell. No need to organize it all, sell, downsize and get that money back to chase other opportunities for investment, I have an interest into land and precious metals, but it's up to every one to find what is a good fit for them.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

As others have advised, take it a box at a time.

Sort 'em by team, then year.

If it's super-cheap stuff, and you're just looking to make it go away and make a few bucks on them, do team/player lots.

For the better stuff, obviously that gets its own listing.

Good luck, and have fun!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

why the heck am I rookie?? - I've been having awesome conversations,,,, I'M not a "rookie"in any aspect... grrr

All based on the deals you do here. So, you got a way to go to no longer be a rookie.
    Don

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast