Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins New England Patriots Boston Celtics

Pete Maravich Authentication Question

Hello all,

I’m normally more of a hockey card collector, but I do have a question to those who would have experience with PSA autograph grading. I bought a Pete Maravich card back in the early 00’s. I noticed that there was some writing on it and it looks like it may be his autograph, and since that discovery I’ve been interested in getting it authenticated. I attached a few photos, as you may be able to see my conundrum.

The vast majority of the signature is on the darkest part of the card and can only be seen when a light shines on it. I would be curious to send it along to PSA for authentication, but I’m unsure if this card would be returned back with the result of them being unable to verify due to its poor location.

Would anybody be able to offer input on if this kind of situation has happened to you in terms of a card being unable to be verified? I’d like to send it along with a yes or a no answer (preferably yes of course), but I’m a bit hesitant if it’s going to come back with a “too dark, can’t verify either way” result.

Thanks a lot!

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's really tough to tell from the pictures you have posted, but I'm sure PSA would be able to look at it and tell you if it was real or not. It seems odd that a forger would pick that card with that type of auto so hopefully it is real. I recommend getting it authenticated. Good luck and let us know what you choose to do.
    Always looking for Reggie Miller cards I need.

Top 5 Most Wanted:
    2003-04 Ultimate Collection Signatures Logos #RM Reggie Miller 1/1
    1999 Stadium Club Co-Signers Randy Moss/Jerry Rice
    Babe Ruth game used jersey card
    Michael Jordan Bulls Autograph
    Tom Brady Patriots Autograph

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is very tough to see with the black ink on dark surface but I can kind of make out a Pistol Pete. Not good enough to actually confirm that it looks good enough to be his signature. But close enough that I'd give it a try based on your story. They probably have technology that can help them to better see an autograph like this I would think.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

It could have been signed in a rush in public, here's one that would have been signed like that, hope it helps

[-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal