Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hobby Goals for the 2023-24 Season

Let's have some fun.

Rookie development camp games have begun. The 2023-24 NHL season less than a month away. We are entering into a season with incredible hype surrounding the #1 draft pick, Connor Bedard.

What are some things that you'd like to accomplish this upcoming season? This can be anything from picking a new player to collect, landing one of those hard-to-find pieces, or even committing to hit some trades here on SCF. It's always fun to lay out a vision and make it reality, right? We can check in on each other throughout the year and see how we are progressing.

Here's a few things I'd like to do this upcoming season...

1. Get to 100 cards each for Nick Suzuki and Cole Caufield. Currently, I'm at 86 and 69 (nice), respectively. That would be a cool landmark for each of the "new generation" PC's.

2. Kirby Dach will also become a full-on PC guy now that he will be getting a full slate of Habs cards. I really, really liked his game last season and hope he continues on that upward trend -- a lot of the Montreal media types project that he will be either a #1 on the wing with Caufield & Suzuki or a strong 2C on this team...either way, he features to be a key player in the Habs road ahead.

3. Finish my 2019 1st Round Picks PC and 2020 Team Canada Juniors PC -- the goal here is to get YG's of all the players who have made it to the NHL. I'm almost there and just need a small handful for each group.

4. Land a Bedard to keep for the collection. I made the mistake back in the day of trading away my McDavid YG -- yeah I got a cool Habs PC card out of it that I still own and greatly enjoy -- and I want to get something cool featuring the new Connor. Maybe my annual luck in Series 2 stays hot, maybe it's a Timmy's #1 Draft Pick card. But yeah, would like to get a card of him to keep. If all else fails, I always have that Team Canada TTM success to fall back on.

So yeah that's a few things I'd like to do over the next few months. What are your goals for this upcoming hobby season?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I typically just buy singles I want on eBay but this year I'm giving consideration to buying my first hobby case. Series 2 obviously. Last week I noticed a McDavid YG hobby box for sale at my LHS for $1,600.00. Got me thinking one could open boxes until they hit a Bedard YG, or 2...not too mention the parallels and other players, than put away at least one unopened box, maybe 2. If Bedard is that good, the unopened box would eventually pay for the case.

Aside from that I'd like to stream line what I already have. Quality over quantity.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I'll keep it easy for the 23-24 season. I'll watch for good deals on UD2 22-23 retail boxes (the checklist is loaded with decent Habs prospects) and buy my annual OPC hobby box. New Odjick cards are few and far between. I don't plan on going crazy on the Bedard madness. He might be good, but I could add some key pieces to my collection for the price of the boxes (for the price of an UD2 23-24 hobby box, I can get a decent graded Roy rookie). Also, I want to downsize my traders a bit. I'll put some cheap lots of inserts on ebay, and I might open some of my boxes full of Habs cards and see if I can move some.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

1. Finish my Leafs Centennial PC.
    2. Make more trades (10+).
    3. Accumulate more Luongo for my PC.
    4. Have fun with the Tims. I know it doesn't have Young Guns or anything but it's always my favourite release.
    Collecting 2017 Leafs Centennial, Roberto Luongo (Vancouver years), and Mitch Marner. Mild interest in other Leafs and goalies (especially from Canadian teams).

Tradelist: Hidden Content
    Wantlist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (44)
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks

No Goals...just looking forward to opening most boxes that are less than $200 US and trading for all Kraken. Onlything I could see changing that, would be severe quality issues and lack of other people trading (the off season here has been rough). Not being able to trade defers me to buy more epack.
    Hi I'm Grant I collect all Kraken in a Kraken uniform that I do not already have. Epack user name - xiiytras. I super collect Kam Chancellor, Marcus Trufant, and Jarran Reed.
    Link to my Hockey Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

1. Finish my Leafs Centennial PC.
    2. Make more trades (10+).
    3. Accumulate more Luongo for my PC.
    4. Have fun with the Tims. I know it doesn't have Young Guns or anything but it's always my favourite release.

Do you need SPs from the 101-200 part of the Leafs Centennial base set? I have a lot of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Do you need SPs from the 101-200 part of the Leafs Centennial base set? I have a lot of them.

I need a lot still! I'll have to look at what I need though and send you a PM in the next couple of days. Are you interested in trading, selling, or both?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I need a lot still! I'll have to look at what I need though and send you a PM in the next couple of days. Are you interested in trading, selling, or both?

I have a preference for selling, but I can also look at tradelists. Please PM me when your list is ready, but there's no hurry, I'll be away for a week soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

Get more Jamie drysdale.
    Get more John gibson
    Get more Devin levi
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'll start by posting a link to a similar thread from last year:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...ll+time+oilers

What did I say a year ago?

Bill Ranford is always top of my list. I think every year I say that I want to add an "older" non-1/1 card that I'm missing. For my purposes, I'll call "older" "Pre-McDavid" (so anything from 2014-15 or earlier). I have not added a card that old in a couple of years - but I actually just landed one on eBay last week, and hope to see it soon. I'd like to add another pre-2015 card I need in the coming year.

I have not landed another pre-2015 card since writing that. Would really like to again. 1997-98 MVP Superscript /25 is my white whale.

My all-time Oilers collection. If we ever get the end of the 2020-21 releases from UD, I'd like to fill in a few of the holes from the last couple of years for the NHL part of my collection. I'm not too worried about these though - it will all happen eventually. For the WHA era, there's a total of 125 players that played at least a game for the Oilers, but never played with them in the NHL. I have signatures from 99 of them - I'd like to see if I could drop that want list from 26..... maybe get it below 20? Tough to do now.

Quick update on some numbers for me (as I did chip away at both the NHL and WHA numbers). 595 NHL Oilers, plus another 29 oddities (they're guys like emergency backups, black aces, part of the roster during the COVID buble). Of the 625 names, I've got autographs from 617. The missing ones are all from 2020 or newer (a couple of older ones, that fall into that group of 29). I'd like to pick up a bunch of these.

WHA: I did get a few more. I've now got 104/125. Didn't quite get to 20. Can I get 6 more this season, and drop down to 15 ?

I've also got a big collection of "off ice" names. Coaches, GMs, Scouts, few Media guys (especially anyone whos name is on the cup). I have 72 out of my 88 wants - but I'll probably grow that want list this year. Have a really nice one incoming, thanks to @bprice & President's Choice Trading cards. I'd like this collection to grow to at least 80 signatures, but that will likely come with an expanded want list.

Finally, my Slapshot collection. I really need to get scans of these done, so I can show them off - but this has probably been the biggest one for me, over the past year. Something I'm having a ton of fun with. I now have signatures from 47 different cast members. I'd like to push that to 65+ in the next year, especially the more notable ones.

I posted this thread back in January:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...9-amp-Counting

I got up to 59, but I have not added any since. I'd like to push it towards 65.

A few things not really related to any of those specific goals:

Purge the excess. I need to get rid of some cards that don't really fit my collection anymore.

Get "custom" cards made. I've got a bunch of isigned ndex / post card / book / picture type things. I want the signatures, but I want them in card form. I've been lazy at getting someone with the skills to turn them into cards for me.

Lastly, I've FINALLY been working on getting some thing framed, added another shadow box (need a couple more). Not all hockey, but I'd like to get my home office all done up the way I want, with various memorabilia (hockey, baseball, football, music, etc)
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 09-28-2023 at 03:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast