Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post New England Patriots fan dies at stadium as police launch investigation

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stigation.html

A New England Patriots season ticket holder has been 'beaten to death' by a Miami Dolphins fan at the Gillette Stadium, according to witnesses.

Father-of-two Dale Mooney, 53, of Newmarket, New Hampshire, died following an incident in the 300-tier segment of the arena just before 11pm on Sunday.

The Norfolk County DA's Office said cops responded to calls for medical aid in the section at 10.57pm and 'the matter remains under active investigation'.

A photo from the Foxborough, Massachusetts, stadium show EMTs scrambling to revive someone who is out of shot on the ground as worried fans watch on.

Videos also show security trying to break up a scuffle, and medics administering CPR a short time afterwards.

One witness from the scene, Joseph Kilmartin, described the alleged attack by a Miami Dolphins fan as 'hard to watch'.

'They started tussling around for a few minutes,' Kilmartin told WCVB.

'At one point another Dolphins fan walked over. He punched him three times, and the man just went out. It was pretty hard to watch.'

Several other anonymous witnesses gave similar descriptions of the 'brutal' attack which caused Mooney to 'crumble', while speaking with Boston 10 at the scene.

'One word I can really use is shocking,' one bystander said. 'My thoughts go out to that man's family. It's awful what happened,' another person commented.

Mooney's devastated wife said she felt 'numb' after hearing the horrific news about her husband and father-of-two, who has been a dedicated Patriots season ticket holder for three decades.

'I just feel numb I can't even believe this is for real,' Lisa Mooney told WCVB.

'I don't understand why people have to go to that extreme. Why can't it just be fun? That's all it's supposed to be, just a fun family event.'

She added that her husband had no known medical condition that could cause him to pass out, and he 'has the patience of a saint'.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Terrible story.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

autopsy, no traumatic injuries found. Medical event suspected.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw that but I don't really believe it. So the punches had no effect on him and he just happens to randomly die a short time later from something unrelated? Seems like the NFL would rather have the guy die from some medical emergency instead of him being killed at a game. One they can gloss over and forget about while the other is really bad for business.

Either way the crowds have been out of control for awhile now and unfortunately more fans will die unless the NFL does something about it. But I guess something really bad is going to have to happen that FORCES them to change and care because right now they do not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two R.I. men charged in connection to death of Patriots fan

espn.com/espn/story/_/id/39162794/ri-men-charged-assault-battery-death-patriots-fan

Two Rhode Island men have been charged with assault and battery and disorderly conduct by Foxborough Police in connection with the death of a fan at a New England Patriots game.

John Vieira, 59, and Justin Mitchell, 39, both of Warwick, Rhode Island, were charged with assault and battery and disorderly conduct earlier this month after investigators said they punched 53-year-old Dale Mooney of Newmarket, New Hampshire.

Mooney was struck during an altercation at the Sept. 17 game, which ended in a 24-17 win by the Miami Dolphins, investigators said. Mooney was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Criminal complaints filed this month said both Vieira and Mitchell "did assault and beat Dale Mooney." A lawyer for Mitchell did not immediately return a phone call. Court records didn't indicate an attorney for Vieira.

The office of the chief medical examiner provided preliminary indications that did not suggest traumatic injury, but did identify a medical issue, according to the district attorney's office. The cause and manner of death were undetermined at that time, pending further testing.

Final determinations delivered to the Norfolk District Attorney's Office ruled the manner of death a homicide. The cause of death has been ruled as "probable cardiac dysrhythmia in a person with severe hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease during a physical altercation."