Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Brooks Robinson, two-time World Series winner with Baltimore Orioles, dead at 86

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ml...m-Cleaner.html

Brooks Robinson, the Hall of Fame third baseman who made 18 All-Star Game appearances in 23 years with the Baltimore Orioles, has died at age 86.

'We are deeply saddened to share the news of the passing of Brooks Robinson,' his family and the Orioles said in a joint statement Tuesday.

'An integral part of our Orioles Family since 1955, he will continue to leave a lasting impact on our club, our community, and the sport of baseball.'

Robinson, known as 'The Human Vacuum Cleaner' for his defensive prowess at third base, won 16 consecutive Gold Gloves (1960-75) during his career exclusively played in Baltimore.

Only pitcher Greg Maddux (18) has more Gold Gloves by a player at one position.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Great HOFer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

He not only was a GREAT HOFer, he was a very very nice man. In MAY 1998 my wife and I met him at the opening of a CROWN GAS STATION in VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA. We were about twenty some in the line to get his signature. When we got to the table, before I could put what I had for him to sign, he thanked me for coming (he said the same to my wife, and others too). He signed the cards I brought, a big picture of him that CROWN had made, and a baseball I bought while in line. As he was signing I asked if I could get a picture taken with him. He said yes, but I'd have to wait until he finished signing things the woman had. I said that's fine she's my wife, and she'll be taking the picture. After he finished signing what she had, he got uo put his arm around me, said take the picture, and smiled. I still have ALL of those things he signed, and STILL have the picture of "BROOKSIE" and me. A GREAT man. Sorry to hear of his passing. RIP "Brooksie", GOD BLESS.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Thanks for sharing, Rodney!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

A wicked good clutch player. best third baseman i ever saw.......yankees fan

SCF Rewards
    Country

The human Vaccum cleaner.

Eric