Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi! New here from Phoenix AZ

Hello everyone, pretty excited to get back to collecting again. I started when I was young kid, I remember riding my bike to the card shop, buying a pack and praying I hit a Kevin Garnett card lol.

Anyways, I’ve been out of the card game for a long time and recently just started buying again. I have a question that hopefully I’m allowed to ask. I recently pulled a Patrick Mahomes 1 of 1 card that I would love to get graded by psa and was looking for some advice. They ask for a declared value but I do not know what to put. I’ve never had a card graded so I’m pretty clueless.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Welcome to SCF. Have fun collecting again.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hello everyone, pretty excited to get back to collecting again. I started when I was young kid, I remember riding my bike to the card shop, buying a pack and praying I hit a Kevin Garnett card lol.

Anyways, I’ve been out of the card game for a long time and recently just started buying again. I have a question that hopefully I’m allowed to ask. I recently pulled a Patrick Mahomes 1 of 1 card that I would love to get graded by psa and was looking for some advice. They ask for a declared value but I do not know what to put. I’ve never had a card graded so I’m pretty clueless.

Just to be honest to me there is not real reason to grade a one of one card. I mean no matter the shape of it being a 9 or a 10 would someone pay more or less as in the end it a 1 of 1. It not like it a rookie card where there are 10,000 made and there are 500 graded ranging from a few 10's to a ton of 8's which directly determine the price as folks want the best condition card. If it is his only 1 why grade it as if someone wants it they are not going to get a better copy somewhere else.
    @Azrsx12345

If I were you and you really want to get it graded I would look at comps of similar cards of mahomes of other 1 of 1's that are in product that boxes retail for about the same amount be it low, mid, or high end. Again, why pay a lot of dollars for a uncharge on one of one as it might not even grade that well and your only hurting yourself if it grades a psa 9 or a Beckett 9.5 imo. Any questions feel free to ask but congrats on a awesome hit.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for the response! I really am uneducated in all of the grading process so I appreciate the response! That does make sense though. The card is a panini legacy mini 1/1. When I try typing it into psa scroll search it lists it as : 2023 Panini Legacy 46 Patrick Mahomes II Premium Edition-Mini-Gold Vinyl 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Th

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to the site!

And I agree it really doesn't make much sense to grade a 1/1 card but if you are going to sell it you might find more buyers that way unless it doesn't look like a 10. Anything less than a 10 would probably hurt the value as crazy as that sounds.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for the input as well. I think I’ll leave it ungraded as I don’t want to risk hurting the value.

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

WELCOME HERE..

sounds like an
    awsome card of malhomes..

got a pic??
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, as soon as I get home I’ll snap a picture and post it. I think the psa search recommendation is definitely wrong though because it lists the mini as a 1/1 platinum gold but I don’t see the gold lol, it’s blue. Give me about 1 hour and I’ll upload it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast