Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Adam Johnson dies aged 29 'after skate slashed his throat in freak accident during game'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...UK-mother.html

An ice hockey star who is believed to have taken a blade to his throat in a horrific injury during a game has died aged 29, his family have said.

Adam Johnson's injury was so horrific it forced the game to be abandoned and left traumatised fans in tears.

The Minnesota-born athlete is believed to have been struck in the neck by an ice hockey blade in a freak accident at the match between Nottingham Panthers and Sheffield Steelers at Utilita Arena Sheffield this evening.

His mother Kari took to social media to share her heartbreak this morning - telling friends: 'I lost half of my heart today.'

And his club said they were 'truly devastated' by the news - paying tribute to 'a great teammate and an incredible person with his whole life ahead of him'.

The Elite Ice Hockey League said they were 'heartbroken' to confirm the 'deeply upsetting' news - and have postponed all games scheduled to take place today.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Neck protectors need to be mandatory. It's the only way you can realistically die in a game
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Neck protectors need to be mandatory. It's the only way you can realistically die in a game

I think the changes In protective clothing you could have material made out of kevlar, taeuron (SP not sure if I spelled that right), etc. to protect the neck area with a thin layer of clothing that is somewhat cut resistant to help incidents instead of bulky neck protector. Can always do things to make the game safer but we seen with visors in the past some players hate them.

don

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

An absolute tragedy.

The Ontario Reign symbolically made Adam the 1st star of their last game, and had a few of his former teammates come out on the ice with his jersey where they laid it out. Heart-wrenching.

https://www.nhl.com/news/topic/short...-ontario-reign
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Visors are stupid. I don't know anyone whose career ended from not wearing a visor. Visors should be optional

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Visors are stupid. I don't know anyone whose career ended from not wearing a visor. Visors should be optional

This is a terrible take. Saku Koivu nearly had his eye carved out of its socket . Numerous other instances of high sticks in and around the eyes, pucks to the face, etc. Given all we know about brain trauma, CTE, etc. every precaution to make these guys even 1% safer out there so that they don't spend their post-career lives in a stupor should be taken.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The key word there is 'nearly'

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The closest I can think of is Berard as playing with one eye would be tough.

He was traded to the Maple Leafs in January 1999 and had already played five seasons in the NHL when Hossa's stick seemingly ended Berard's career. Despite numerous setbacks, more surgeries and a league-mandated minimum eyesight of 20/400, miraculously, Berard missed only one season.

There are probably some who have had their careers saved by the visor. Would have to do some research. I am the person that believes if the player wants to sign off that they do not want to wear it is on them of course that was allowed for veteran players.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

But nobody died or had their career ended

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

doug Robinson LA Kings in the 70's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast