Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That too UD is going down the panini way (death as i call it) with parallels no doubt. But focusing on SPA theyve demolished a great popular product and turned it into garbage thats unaffordable and a terrible break. Youre not even guaranteed a regular FWA /999 anymore there's a gazillion garbage retros. Not to mention it used to be a 50 card FWA checklist now its close to 100 filled with scrubs. Theres literally no point into opening the product.

Yeah the volume of rookies...I get it. They've got the NHL/PA license so they have to ensure they're representing everyone. It's not like a non-licensed product where they can just focus on the stars to make a jam-packed product. And I think on some level, they're hoping that everybody can be like a Tage Thompson. The "you never know what his potential could be" aspect comes into play...but it's really a lightning in a bottle moment. But it can be awfully painful opening up this product at its current price point and your sole FWA is Ronnie Attard.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Yeah the volume of rookies...I get it. They've got the NHL/PA license so they have to ensure they're representing everyone. It's not like a non-licensed product where they can just focus on the stars to make a jam-packed product. And I think on some level, they're hoping that everybody can be like a Tage Thompson. The "you never know what his potential could be" aspect comes into play...but it's really a lightning in a bottle moment. But it can be awfully painful opening up this product at its current price point and your sole FWA is Ronnie Attard.

I think UD understood over the years that they can print and sell more boxes with a diluted checklist. SPA around 2002-03 was much better, the checklist for the FWA and FWAP was much shorter. Also, the odds of pulling good veterans were much better and the cards with multiple autos were all hard-signed.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

In the past, SP Authentic was my go to product. I would buy many spots in group breaks and multiple boxes. I don't know if it is the product fatigue of so many products releasing very close together from various years (what rookie am I chasing and are they one team or two teams removed) or the fact that the peaks seem fewer and the valleys are much lower: but I bought one spot in a group this year and not sure if I will buy a box. Maybe, if the price drops when everyone is focused on UD Series 2. Last year I bought one box. It could also be the poor quality control when I did get a case two years ago.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (44)
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks

I know in football cards you got a patch or patch auto in every box on AVG even up until they stopped doing NFL in 2009. When did hockey stop doing a patch auto per box on AVG in SPA minus 04 where there were no rcs due to the lockout.
    Hi I'm Grant I collect all Kraken in a Kraken uniform that I do not already have. Epack user name - xiiytras. I super collect Kam Chancellor, Marcus Trufant, and Jarran Reed.
    Link to my Hockey Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I know in football cards you got a patch or patch auto in every box on AVG even up until they stopped doing NFL in 2009. When did hockey stop doing a patch auto per box on AVG in SPA minus 04 where there were no rcs due to the lockout.

The FWAP always have been tough hits in SPA hockey. UD started them in 02-03, they were probably like 1 per case at this time. The FWAP checklist was short back in the days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12