By David Yarger
Co-Host The Chase
Top Riser: Will Levis, QB, Tennessee Titans
Oh boy, the hobby was loving Will Levis this past week.
The rookie second rounder led the Titans to a big victory over the Falcons in his first-ever start. Willis was also stellar in his debut outing, throwing for 238 yards and four touchdowns, three of which went to Deandre Hopkins.
The 2023 draft class was highly thought of coming into this season, mainly led by CJ Stroud who has put together a favorable campaign so far; but also features the likes of Bryce Young, who has had sparks behind a bad offensive line, and Anthony Richardson who is out for the season due to injury.
Levis was kind of an outlier coming into the season. He was projected to be a first-rounder and eventually dropped to the second round and fell into the laps of the Titans. The move sparked curiosity, because the Titans had drafted Malik Willis the year before, and many wondered when Levis would get a chance to play with the presence of Ryan Tannehill. Many thought it would be Willis who started against the Falcons and not Levis, but coach Mike Vrabel opted for the rookie.
Levis shined in his first start and will get another opportunity on Thursday night football versus a stellar Pittsburgh Steelers defense.
While Levis might not become the full-time starter once Tannehill comes back from injury, these spurts are what creates buzz in the hobby. Levis’ values skyrocketed after the inaugural NFL start, with his rookie autos going for an average of $119 Sunday and as of publishing, Levis’ rookie autos averaged sales of over $190.
With how unclear the Titans starting QB job is once Tannehill returns from injury, if I was a Levis collector, I would be selling immediately. I’m not the biggest Levis believer, but, hey, Stroud already proved me wrong this season, so maybe Levis can too.
Top Faller: Desmond Ridder, QB, Atlanta Falcons
This week’s top faller comes from the same game that Levis shined in. It was a tough scene, but I think a lot of people were waiting for the move – Desmond Ridder was benched in favor of Taylor Heinicke, and the former Commanders starter has now officially replaced Ridder as the Falcons starter.
A lot of people in the hobby were buying in on Ridder as a cheap, young QB option that could prospect into a franchise guy under center for ATL.
Ridder went 8/12 with 75 yards and was sacked five times. This is also after two very lackluster starts from the Cincinnati alum.
The third round pick from last year’s draft was handed the reins in full this season after starting a few games last season.
As the Falcons turn to Heinicke, Ridder’s average rookie auto sales dipped over $50 on Sunday after being pulled. This is a tough time for collectors who were prospecting Ridder with high hopes. It is also tough to tell if this is the time to hold or sell, because Ridder could definitely get another opportunity to become a starter again and he could still succeed.
Stay tuned next week for the top risers and fallers of week five, and as always make sure you are checking out The Chase at 11 a.m. EST every Monday, Wednesday and Friday on Twitch.
The post Yagabomb’s risers & fallers of week 8 appeared first on Dave & Adam's News.

More...