Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Like I wrote in my title, is it just me or the forum seems to be in slow-mo lately, for the last few days/weeks? I mean, besides the Tims cards (that are not necessarily what I'd call high-ends for the most part of them, nor that much valuable cards (to me anyway)), yep besides that not much seems to be going on recently... I'm trying to post some cards for trade, and/or for sale, but I've got to say it's rather very "quiet"...

So is it that, now if we don't have Tim Horton's cards nor Bedard stuff, we cannot sell or trade anymore ?! After all, "it takes two to tango"... Also, I really thought that Patrick Roy was a highly-collected player; well, still looking for some of his fans on here, as I've posted a few threads lately on SCF offering some of his stuff. Again, at the risk of repeating myself, got to say it's really quiet! Will the Tim's keep being trendy for a long time?!

I just wanted to share some more thoughts since it been a month and I do not think you even replied to all the comments. I might be wrong if I overlooked your response.

Many folks do nothing but gaze over the forums and move on. Here is just an example of the hockey forum this early morning.

That a lot of eyes and bots on the forum just looking around and peeking around. As I tell folks all the time over the years why should folks come here when they do not even get a reply. On top of that how many sales posts have you seen or a wanted post which members reply and then the original poster never even bothers replying. Once, you set the type of behavior many folks just move on unless it someone they know that been active on the boards.

I give this recent example a Lady came to the site from watching a video on tik tok and made this post.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...earch-for-info!

All those eye on the site and active members and not a single response but mine. We all talk about sales being slow but look at this a posted sale and I never go looking for those. Now, I wonder how many time folks make a post wait for a quick reply but we as members miss them and they move on to the faster pace of social media where you can get instant responses compared to these boards.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/scft...e/show/584158/

Like you said it takes two to tango but if you had Patrick Roy limited logo's or high end cards of his your post would garner attention. Everyone is searching for the Golden Ticket in the hobby, the new flash in the pan, the hot graded card etc. I mean just take a look and see if anyone out there is even posting a PC waitlist for Roy? I would say it been years since I seen a post for his stuff.
    @sleepn0t. It just a sad fact of the hobby but the good thing if your looking for Roy stuff it can be had pretty reasonable until you get to his high end stuff.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wonder more about the small handful of members that actually take the time to generate lists and then they never respond to either thread posts or PMs. I have noticed that many of them have little to no recent trade activity so I do question why they even bother. Otherwise the trading on this site is still great.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I wonder more about the small handful of members that actually take the time to generate lists and then they never respond to either thread posts or PMs. I have noticed that many of them have little to no recent trade activity so I do question why they even bother. Otherwise the trading on this site is still great.

My biggest issue is time to get organized lol. Working usually six to seven days week leave little time to organize things like i truly want. So when I respond to members I tell them it will take time to find the cards lol.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Washington Capitals Chicago Blackhawks
    See sleepn0t's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

@doniceage, you're right I did not reply to all the comments, and I even wonder if I replied at all so far... But when I start a new thread, I read everything that's posted by other members, as replies to my original post. True that I don't always respond afterwards, but I read all the comments, that's for sure. Btw, I didn't start this thread to blame or to reproach anything to the forum itself, nor to its members, I just observed and realized that it really slowed down around here lately. I mean by that, regarding the replies I get when posting new stuff to trade (or for sale). Which went from a few (prior to 2023) to one or none nowadays.. But honestly, I think the whole World is in slow motion right now, with the economy being what the economy is at the moment... Thus, it's the current reality I guess...

As a St. Patrick collector myself, I usually try to grab all/every pieces I don't have yet in my pc. That being said, I can relate to the fact that it's less and less the case for most of the collectors out there, even for the die-hard fans of a specific player, a little bit like me. With all the new products Upper Deck is now producing today, I mean all the different inserts & parallels, I know there are like an infinity of versions and of choices available to us, collectors. Obviously, can't buy all of them, there are "way" too many! And this "issue" might probably be even more true for fans of active players. 'Cause for a collector of a retired star just like me, I don't think they print out as much stuff and variations as they actually do for players like Crosby & McDavid for instance. So I can understand that. We can get lost pretty easily with what UD turned the hobby into!

Therefore, I can see why some people are only focusing on high(er)-end stuff. And speaking of High-End cards, since I'm collecting Roy, you'll understand that I'm not really willing to let go my best pieces. Of course these are gonna remain in my pc. So when I post a new sale/trade thread up, I always display dups and/or low to mid end inserts. Yeah I'm more targeting Patrick Roy collectors "at large", who are more collecting by quantity instead of only by "quality", as for just the high-end items. But as I already said, I collect this former goalie, so my goal is not to liquidate my pc either. I wouldn't say no to coming across some new Roy collectors from time to time though; some people who are starting off a collection of Patrick, I'd assuredly have some cards for them anyways.

Lastly, I would add this.. Idk if we can interact (post) on here w/o being an SCF member, I guess no, but what hits me though when I browse on the forum in the early morning, is that there may be like 1300+ users online at some point, but 95% of them are just guests. So only the little remaining five percent is actually subscribed to the site?! Or is it rather that some or many members from SCF visit the site in the morning without logging in?! In short, looks like there are always a lot more guests than there are actual members... Correct me if I'm wrong...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@doniceage, you're right I did not reply to all the comments, and I even wonder if I replied at all so far... But when I start a new thread, I read everything that's posted by other members, as replies to my original post. True that I don't always respond afterwards, but I read all the comments, that's for sure. Btw, I didn't start this thread to blame or to reproach anything to the forum itself, nor to its members, I just observed and realized that it really slowed down around here lately. I mean by that, regarding the replies I get when posting new stuff to trade (or for sale). Which went from a few (prior to 2023) to one or none nowadays.. But honestly, I think the whole World is in slow motion right now, with the economy being what the economy is at the moment... Thus, it's the current reality I guess...

As a St. Patrick collector myself, I usually try to grab all/every pieces I don't have yet in my pc. That being said, I can relate to the fact that it's less and less the case for most of the collectors out there, even for the die-hard fans of a specific player, a little bit like me. With all the new products Upper Deck is now producing today, I mean all the different inserts & parallels, I know there are like an infinity of versions and of choices available to us, collectors. Obviously, can't buy all of them, there are "way" too many! And this "issue" might probably be even more true for fans of active players. 'Cause for a collector of a retired star just like me, I don't think they print out as much stuff and variations as they actually do for players like Crosby & McDavid for instance. So I can understand that. We can get lost pretty easily with what UD turned the hobby into!

Therefore, I can see why some people are only focusing on high(er)-end stuff. And speaking of High-End cards, since I'm collecting Roy, you'll understand that I'm not really willing to let go my best pieces. Of course these are gonna remain in my pc. So when I post a new sale/trade thread up, I always display dups and/or low to mid end inserts. Yeah I'm more targeting Patrick Roy collectors "at large", who are more collecting by quantity instead of only by "quality", as for just the high-end items. But as I already said, I collect this former goalie, so my goal is not to liquidate my pc either. I wouldn't say no to coming across some new Roy collectors from time to time though; some people who are starting off a collection of Patrick, I'd assuredly have some cards for them anyways.

Lastly, I would add this.. Idk if we can interact (post) on here w/o being an SCF member, I guess no, but what hits me though when I browse on the forum in the early morning, is that there may be like 1300+ users online at some point, but 95% of them are just guests. So only the little remaining five percent is actually subscribed to the site?! Or is it rather that some or many members from SCF visit the site in the morning without logging in?! In short, looks like there are always a lot more guests than there are actual members... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Well as you can see it really slowed down since 2015 as that was when we had 5,000 folks logged on LOL. As for your point on the guest it will alway be that way. As this site has so many post the bots come here and take the topic and post it for the web to search FOREVER. That going to keep guest coming over and over because if you type a lot of queries into the search engines SCF will come up. My whole point is like you mentioned you read everything but do not interact. That is exactly what those guest are doing. Just think if you did the following. If you took the hottest player in hockey and listed some of their cards for trade I but some guest in the future would join and interact with you as they would want those cards (it is a hot topic so they want to chime in they have to join) LOL.

Sorry to cut this short but it time to go shopping for the Holiday Meals. Ever have a question just ask as that is what makes the forum great imo.

DON

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123