By David Yarger
Co-Host The Chase
Top Riser: Brock Purdy, San Francisco 49ers, QB
Brock Purdy is such a tough QB to understand in the hobby.
Is he elite? Is he one of the top guys in the game at such a young stage in his career? It is tough to say.
Currently, Purdy us the front runner for the MVP award, as the Niners have cemented themselves as one of the top teams in the league.
A lot of people have wondered if Purdy would be as successful if he wasn’t in San Fran, and who knows, without injuries to Trey Lance and Jimmy Garoppolo last season, we might not have seen what Purdy has been able to accomplish.
What’s funny is, Purdy has eerily similar stats to the QB I’m putting as my top faller, but here’s the thing – the hobby likes winners. The more you win and put up numbers, the hobby will keep investing in you.
After three consecutive losses, Purdy and the Niners have reeled off four-straight wins – and Purdy has played pretty damn well in each game. In his most recent game, Purdy shredded the defending Super Bowl runners up Philadelphia Eagles with four touchdowns.
From a hobby standpoint, Purdy is also the beneficiary of an incredibly weak draft class of QBs. While hype was on Kenny Pickett and Malik Willis, it’s been the afterthoughts that have carried this class, such as Sam Howell and Purdy. With his success, Purdy continues to be one of the most sought after, not just quarterbacks, but players of that entire draft class.
Will Purdy continue his incredible rise to fame? It’s entirely possible in that Niners system. I believe Purdy is 100% a hold for the time being.
Top Faller: Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers, QB
OK, I’ve had enough of everyone backing this guy up.
Is he one of the most electric QBs in the league when he is on? Yes. Has he been on lately, or much of this season? No.
He is a tremendous talent, don’t give me wrong, but the last few weeks have been a brutal stretch.
The Chargers slid by the ailing Patriots, 6-0, in an absolute barnburner on Sunday. Herby was limited to 212 passing yards and no scores on the day. The win comes after 3 straight losses for the Chargers. In the first game of that losing streak, Herbert was solid against Detroit and the loss could not be blamed on him.
While I do believe that Herbert is one of the best QBs in the game, I also just don’t understand the hobby hype behind him. Could it be the fact that the Chargers continue to disappoint with such high expectations, or could it just simply be the market he is in? I will never know.
For me personally, I am selling Herbert, but I know the hobby will say hold it like he is a Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes.
The post Yagabomb’s risers & fallers of week 13 appeared first on Dave & Adam's News.

More...