Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

thank you i will give it a go

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

@mikecole141

Have you tried it since you dug up the link to the tutorial? There are so many good features on the site but as you can see folks truly never explore the site. I do not know how many times I tell folks about the ttm, member location search, tagging feature, instant messaging options, and etc. and it get brought up again. I mean just think about it like this Mike pushed it in 2008 as he did with many things on the site. Yet, you a active member for years never knew about the feature. It is just like the inventory manager those that learn it truly enjoy it as there some serious folks who have a slew of cards in their inventory. Of course many members would be like I did not even know this existed on scf.

I hadn't when you posted this, but I played with it a little this evening, it is looking like the size requirements for resolution pixels have either been removed, or increased dramatically. I was also prompted for a limit of just over 4MB per photo, none of the photos I used were that big, but some of them were large.

mikecole141's Album: Deadpool PC (sportscardforum.com) Ten cards for the moment from my Deadpool PC, as they were cards I was doing some work with at the moment. I may try a small hockey PC album tomorrow to see how multiple albums work, plus add some more to the Deadpool album to further test the album for possible size constraints.

I never knew about the albums, or had forgotten possibly, I have used the TTM to look for addresses for some of my PC Players for a project I was looking at doing, The tagging feature doesn't work for me, if I @doniceage your name, I just get your username with an @ symbol. I've seen the chat/messaging options and more. I do believe the reason I never saw the albums is it was added before I joined and I don't spend a ton of time in tutorials, I search specifically and that's it.

Mike,
    Do you remember this as it was pushed by Mikesiliva back in 2010.

New SCF Inventory/Storefront/OPG System!

Basically, you would have a inventory system like it is now but it would act as a storefront with BUY IT NOW options and such. A OPG system was way ahead of it time with real tine pricing based on sales instead of calculated like Beckett in some book without any real sales to support the prices they put forth. Let me know how the album works if you delve into it. Just know there is a limit but not sure what the limit is but what was mentioned in the link you shared.

Don

I do remember it being discussed, but at the time I never sold anything, I categorically hated selling and was only interested in the trade features here on SCF. I do remember at the time thinking that the OPG part of it was a little too ambitious. Even with the additional member traffic the site had at the time, there wouldn't be enough a sample size to pull reliable pricing.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I hadn't when you posted this, but I played with it a little this evening, it is looking like the size requirements for resolution pixels have either been removed, or increased dramatically. I was also prompted for a limit of just over 4MB per photo, none of the photos I used were that big, but some of them were large.

mikecole141's Album: Deadpool PC (sportscardforum.com) Ten cards for the moment from my Deadpool PC, as they were cards I was doing some work with at the moment. I may try a small hockey PC album tomorrow to see how multiple albums work, plus add some more to the Deadpool album to further test the album for possible size constraints.

I never knew about the albums, or had forgotten possibly, I have used the TTM to look for addresses for some of my PC Players for a project I was looking at doing, The tagging feature doesn't work for me, if I @doniceage your name, I just get your username with an @ symbol. I've seen the chat/messaging options and more. I do believe the reason I never saw the albums is it was added before I joined and I don't spend a ton of time in tutorials, I search specifically and that's it.

I do remember it being discussed, but at the time I never sold anything, I categorically hated selling and was only interested in the trade features here on SCF. I do remember at the time thinking that the OPG part of it was a little too ambitious. Even with the additional member traffic the site had at the time, there wouldn't be enough a sample size to pull reliable pricing.

I will send out a pm mentioning the album as you say many folks complain about the options out there. Of course a discussion is brought up and it pointed out that the feature already exist. Thanks again to Pwaldo.

p.s. LMK if you ever find what the limits are if you do and thanks for what you already shared.

The sample size was big enough by far. As I had met the owner of COMC and we had a sit down to partner with them for data. Their sample size was small but I did not attend the meeting as I had no skin in the game and it was not my decision. Not sure what happened but I do now know what could have happened in the industry if comc and scf would have come up with a OPG. Might not be great for high end stuff but for low end stuff that moves all day long it would have been a killer pricing guide. Just takes a lot of dollars, time, and the folks behind the scenes to make things to happen. It not a easy process for every business facet group breakers, shops, wholesalers, etc.
    Last edited by doniceage; 12-31-2023 at 09:21 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thank you i will give it a go

Looks like you gave it a go. What is your verdict?

DON
    @icefields

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

pretty slick
    just needed a little patience
    us old guys arent great with technology lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

pretty slick
    just needed a little patience
    us old guys arent great with technology lol

Join the club trying to install a new label printer and it not the easiest thing for this old man. I keep getting a little farther every time I play with it but still not successful labels made yet LOL.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

when They said technology will make our lives easier .... guess they werent talking about us. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New Orleans Saints Houston Astros New Orleans Hornets
    See patherfan68's Items on eBay

I used this to store all my cards. I enjoy it but lol it’s taking me forever to log all of my cards because I have so many.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I used this to store all my cards. I enjoy it but lol it’s taking me forever to log all of my cards because I have so many.

@Cajun68

How many cards do you have by chance in your album? Much appreciated if you have a ballpark.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

when They said technology will make our lives easier .... guess they werent talking about us. lol

It makes it easier it the figuring out how to use it part that not always easy LOL. Once we have it down we can knock it out of the park.

DON

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast