Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Thanks for sharing. It seems I’m always unprepared when there’s a retired Brave or Falcons player locally or finding minor league players like you said because there’s a lot of turnover.

I recommend keeping a box for former Braves & Falcons, and continually adding to it, alphabetically. Even though there are some guys that you have cards of that you will never get autographs from, the more different players you have, the more chance that you will have a card when a player comes around. Buying team "lots" online is a good way to stock up, and the cards you want are the cheaper cards anyway, not the big hits from a set. There are obscure sets that target guys that don't normally have cards like offensive linemen (old Topps Total for football was a good one), the Packers and Brewers (prior to Covid) did a Police Set every year. The police in the area gave the cards out to kids for free, but you could always buy a set for less than $10, and there were a lot of guys that just don't have cards in any other set. Team stores for minor leagues are also great, they often have team sets from the preceding or the current year, and they are pretty cheap to pick up, and after the all-star game, they usually will sell the league all-star card set as well. Good luck
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

18-May-2024 (Part 1 of 3)

This weekend, I drove to Indianapolis, IN, for the Young Bucs weekend of the Indianapolis Indians (Triple A team of the Pittsburgh Pirates) against the Toledo Mud Hens (Triple A team of the Detroit Tigers). Saturday's game was advertised as team autographs for 45 minutes pregame on the concourse, so I found and prepped a ton of cards and brought them, along with a friend. The Indians set up tables around the concourse, with about 2 players at each table. You could get an auto from both and then move on to the next table. Most of the players were there, the ones missing were the starting catcher, Grant Koch, and the former #1 overall pick, Henry Davis, who was the DH that game. Apparently, he is not very fan-friendly. Otherwise, just about everyone, including a bunch of pitchers and relievers that I didn't have cards for. Anyway, from pitchers, I was able to get 1 card signed by Cam Alldred, 1 card signed by J.C. Flowers, 1 card signed by Daulton Jefferies, 1 card signed by pitching coach Drew Benes, 2 cards signed by Quinn Priester, 2 cards signed by Brent Honeywell, 2 cards signed by Wily Peralta, 2 cards signed by Jose Hernandez, 3 cards signed by Kade McClure, and 2 cards signed by Connor Sadzeck.
    Photo of the 17 pitchers autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 198

SCF Rewards
    Country

18-May-2024 (Part II of III)

Continuing the Indianapolis Indians, I was able to get 4 cards signed by 3rd baseman Malcom Nunez, 2 cards signed by shortstop Liover Peguero, 2 cards signed by outfielder Matt Fraizer, 3 cards signed by 3rd baseman Jake Lamb, 5 cards signed by outfielder Canaan Smith-Njigba, 4 cards signed by outfielder Ji-Hwan Bae, 2 cards signed by outfielder Josh Palacios, 4 cards signed by outfielder Gilberto Celestino, and 3 cards signed by outfielder/1st baseman Matt Gorski.

Photo of the 29 Indians position players autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 227

SCF Rewards
    Country

18-May-2024 (Part III of III)

After the Indians went back to the clubhouse, I went over to the Toledo Mud Hens side to catch a few players. Prior to the game, I was able to get 1 card signed by Ryan Vilade, 2 cards signed by pitcher Sean Guenther, 1 card signed by infielder Jace Jung, and 2 cards signed by infielder Buddy Kennedy.

Photo of the 6 Mud Hens autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 233

SCF Rewards
    Country

19-May-2024

Due to some bad weather during the week, the Sunday game was changed to a double-header, 7 innings each. It was also a bobblehead game, so I stayed over in Indy and went to the game. Prior to the game, I tried to get a few more Toledo Mud Hens, but didn't do great. I was able to get 2 cards signed by outfielder Bligh Madris, and one card, personalized, by third baseman Justyn-Henry Malloy, who was really concerned if he had ever signed for me before, which he had not. The game also features two players from the Indianapolis Colts signing autographs, so I was able to get 1 card and 1 8x10 signed by defensive end Samson Ebukam, and 2 8x10's signed by cornerback Kenny Moore II. I had ordered some cards for Moore, but unfortunately they did not arrive in time.

Photo of the Mud Hens and Colts autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 240

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Looks like you had a good trip
    Thanks for sharing

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Thanks for the tips! I have started to set cards aside like you suggested, but I have a long way to go! I like the police and minor league ideas!

I recommend keeping a box for former Braves & Falcons, and continually adding to it, alphabetically. Even though there are some guys that you have cards of that you will never get autographs from, the more different players you have, the more chance that you will have a card when a player comes around. Buying team "lots" online is a good way to stock up, and the cards you want are the cheaper cards anyway, not the big hits from a set. There are obscure sets that target guys that don't normally have cards like offensive linemen (old Topps Total for football was a good one), the Packers and Brewers (prior to Covid) did a Police Set every year. The police in the area gave the cards out to kids for free, but you could always buy a set for less than $10, and there were a lot of guys that just don't have cards in any other set. Team stores for minor leagues are also great, they often have team sets from the preceding or the current year, and they are pretty cheap to pick up, and after the all-star game, they usually will sell the league all-star card set as well. Good luck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Nice 8x10’s!

SCF Rewards
    Country

24-May-2024

Yesterday, I went to the Frontier League game between the Lake Erie Crushers and the Schaumburg Boomers in Schaumburg, IL. The Lake Erie Crushers have a pitching coach who played a few years in the pros. Jonathan Albaladejo, and I had cards pulled for him from last year, but last year, he wasn't with the team. Anyway, I was able to get 7 cards signed by pitching coach Jonathan Albaladejo.

Picture of Albaladejo autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 247

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Jonathan was always a great signer and was very very friendly when he was in the Atlantic League as a player.
    You could show him a whole page and he would sign it and talk to you at the same time
    Glad you got a chance to meet him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234