Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

IP-Chicago and burbs:arfmax:2024

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Yesterday, I went to the 1st home game of 2024 for the Windy City Bulls, playing against the Stockton Kings. The Kings have 4 or 5 players with NBA experience, so I brought a few things. Prior to the game, I got one card signed by former Sacramento Kings big man Skal Labissiere, who only signed 1 of 3 cards. Still prior, I was able to get two cards signed by Kings rookie and 2nd round draft pick Jalen Slawson. As the players were coming out, former Minnesota Timberwolves 2nd round pick Jaylen Nowell stopped and signed 1 card out of 3. Finally, after the game, former Detroit Pistons 8th overall pick Stanley Johnson signed 2 out of 3 cards, one of which he wrote "DET vs. EVERYONE", although I'm not really sure why. Former NCAA National Champion and 1st round draft pick Jeremy Lamb was there, but he would not stop to sign autographs after the game. I was trying to be polite at halftime when I saw him come out, and just asked him if he would sign after the game, and he said "maybe". And then ignored after the game. Oh well. Sacramento Kings 2023 2nd round draft pick Colby Jones was also on the roster, but I didn't have any cards for him.
    I'm actually going to tonights game as well against Stockton, but not sure how much I will try, as I'm going with a non-autographing friend.

Photo of the Stockton Kings autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 6
    Last edited by arfmax; 01-06-2024 at 04:31 PM.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

06-Jan-2024

Saturday evening, I went back to the Windy City Bulls for the 2nd game against the Stockton Kings. Prior to the game, I was able to get Skal Labissiere to stop and he signed the two cards that he didn't sign on Friday. I then noticed that former Chicago Bulls center Will Perdue was broadcasting, so I went over and had him sign two cards for me. I did not attempt to get any other autos, and didn't stay until the end of the game.

Photo of the Labissiere and Perdue autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 10

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

20-Jan-2024

Saturday evening, I went to the G League game between the Windy City Bulls and the Long Island Nets. One of the Nets players was called back up to Brooklyn that week, and Julian Phillips had been down with Windy City, but the Bulls called him back up before the game. So, no real big names, but prior to the game, I was able to get 1 card signed by 2023 2nd round pick and Brooklyn Nets rookie Jalen Wilson, and 3 cards signed by 2021 1st round draft pick Keon Johnson. After the game, I was able to get 3 cards signed by 2022 2nd round draft pick Kennedy Chandler.

Photo of the LI Nets autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 17

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

27-Jan-2024

Yesterday, I went to a local cannabis dispensary in Schaumburg, IL where there was an appearance by former University of Texas, New Orleans Saints, and Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams, promoting his brand "Highsman", which is a pretty clever name, in my opinion. He was supposed to another appearance earlier in the day, and had cancelled, so it wasn't 100% sure he would show up, but he did, and he was incredibly friendly, talking to everyone, signing everything you put in front of him, and just being great. He and I talked about the NY Giants and whether they should draft a quarterback in the first round or stick with Daniel Jones, and he was also talking to others (Bears fans) about Justin Fields. He signed 6 cards for me, and there was no cannabis purchase necessary.

Photo of the 6 signed Ricky Williams cards:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 23

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's an awesome signing with Williams! Nice haul!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you are interested in trading, I'd be interested in a Keon. I'm a Nets fan and I try to attend a Westchester Knicks game when they come up here. Unfortunately my 9-year-old hasn't fully embraced standing in certain locations for the players and would rather sit in his assigned seat to watch the entire game which has made it a challenge.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

09-Feb-2024

Yesterday evening, I went to the G League game between the Windy City Bulls and the Osceola Magic. Prior to the game, I was able to get two cards signed by the 11th overall pick of the 2023 NBA Draft, Jett Howard, and 1 cards signed by former Yale and Utah Jazz 2nd round pick in 2019, Miye Oni, and finally, 1 card signed by reigning NBA Slam Dunk Champion Mac McClung, who will be defending his title next weekend. I asked him jokingly what he planned on doing for the contest, and he said he's still thinking about it. Lots of people came out of the woodworks asking for his signature, and he signed for everyone, super nice guy. In warmups, every other player was doing these highlight reels dunks, and he was doing layups. He really doesn't look like the type of player who can do the amazing dunks we saw in the contest last year! I also was trying to get former Milwaukee Bucks 1st round draft pick DJ Wilson, but he walked by onto the court and mumbled something, and then when we was leaving the court for warmups, he completely ignored me and one other person calling for him. I have gotten him before when he was with the Bucks, so I decided to not waste anymore effort on him. I went over to the Bulls side, and at halftime while they were leaving the court, former NBA star with the Utah Jazz, Derrick Favors, signed 7 cards for me, which was super-generous! Then, after the game, former UCONN star Adama Sanogo signed two cards for me, and while I was standing there, I decided to get my ticket stub signed by a player, so I asked Chicago Bulls 2-way player Onuralp Bitim to sign the ticket stub, which he did.

Photo of the autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 37

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

25-Feb-2024 (Part 1 of 2)

Today, I went to the Chicago Golf Show at the convention center in Rosemont, IL, where on the main stage, some former professional athletes were appearing along with golf pros. This has actually been going on since Friday, with different players each day (Emory Morehead, Robbie Gould, Hilgenberg). I went today, and was able to get 4 cards signed by former Orlando Magic and University of Illinois star Nick Anderson. He actually had a stack of rookie cards with him, and so I had him sign the Fleer rookie card, and I brought the other 3.

Photo of the Nick Anderson autos:

I also was able to get 12 different cards signed by former Chicago Bears safety Mark Carrier. He signed anything people handed him, and I got 6 before his main stage appearance, and 6 after. I actually had even more cards but I didn't pull them out. People had 20+ things they were handing him, and he had no issue with signing all of it.

Photo of the Mark Carrier autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 53

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

25-Feb-2024 (Part 2)

After the Chicago Golf Show, I went to a book signing in Naperville, IL for former Olympic figure skater Gracie Gold. She signed the book, and then agreed to sign a card for me as well. Super sweet, chatted with everyone, a great experience.

Photo of the Gracie Gold autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 55

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

26-Feb-2024

Monday afternoon, I went to an appearance by Chicago Blackhawks goalie Petr Mrazek at an auto dealer in Sycamore, IL. The dealer advertised that they had color 8x10 photos for him to sign, but you could bring outside items, which was refreshing. Mr. Mrazek arrived on time, and signed everything placed in front of him, took pictures with everyone while he was seated behind the table, and was in no rush at all. I was able to get the promo 8x10 signed, and 4 cards signed, for free.

Photo of the Mrazek autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 60

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast