Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

10-Mar-2024

Today, I drove up to Mequon, WI, which is a little north of Milwaukee, where a card store was having an appearance and free autograph signing by Marquette guard Tyler Kolek. He has a card in the 2023-24 Bowman U Chrome, and the store was also selling the cards, or giving one free with any purchase. I was able to get two cards signed by Mr. Kolek, and he signed an 8x10 I had printed out. I asked him to inscribe on the photo 2023 Big East Player of the Year (or POY), and he went with '2023 POY', which I think may be a bit more than the award he actually won, but it was nice of him to add the inscription.

Photo of the Kolek autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 63
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

12-Mar-2024

Tuesday evening, I went to the Windy City Bulls versus Grand Rapids Gold game. The Gold are coached by former NBA star Andre Miller, for the 2nd season in a row. Prior to the game, I was able to get 3 cards signed by the Denver Nuggets 2023 2nd round draft pick, Jalen Pickett, and then I was able to get 3 cards signed by Andre Miller. I was looking for Denver Nuggets other 2nd round pick, Hunter Tyson, but he was not out warming up early. At halftime, I was able to get long-time NBA star Derrick Favors to sign 7 cards. Mr. Favors was not playing tonight, but is just a super-nice guy. After the game, I tried to get Hunter Tyson to stop and sign, but he was in a foul mood as the team had just lost in overtime. He had a great game, but was mad, and he walked away without stopping.

Photo of the Miller/Pickett/Favors autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 76

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

14-Mar-2024

Thursday evening, I went to a bottle signing event for Jeremy Roenick's new whiskey, Whiskey In the Wild. The bottles come with a flask rubber banded to the outside, and Mr. Roenick signed both the side of the whiskey bottle and the flask for everyone. He also signed two cards for me.

Photo of the Roenick autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 80

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

15-Mar-2024

Went to the Windy City Bulls vs College Park Skyhawks game last night, as it was a bobblehead giveaway night. I brought cards for three guys on the Skyhawks: Seth Lundy, AJ Griffin, and David Singleton. I was never able to find Seth Lundy, so I assume he wasn't with the team. I asked former UCLA guard David Singleton to sign as he was back onto the court at halftime, and he said after the game, and after the game he came over and signed one card. There were two guys on the bench in street clothes, and after awhile, I recognized one of them as former Duke star AJ Griffin. At halftime, I called to him, and he didn't respond or make any acknowledgement. Then, as he was coming out after halftime, I called again, and he completely ignored me. I thought maybe I had the wrong guy, but after the game, someone else got him to sign as he was heading into the tunnel, so I absolutely had the right guy, he just wouldn't acknowledge me. Again, street clothes, not playing, only 1 person called to him from 10 feet away, twice. Oh well. At least I didn't get shut out.

Photo of the David Singleton auto:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 81

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

29-Mar-2024

On 29-Mar-2024, I went to my last Windy City Bulls game of the season, against the Wisconsin Herd. I had 2 cards left for Adama Sanogo and 3 for Derrick Favors, so I wanted to get them signed in case they are not back next year. Prior to the game, I was able to get Adama Sanogo to stop and he signed two cards, and at halftime, Derrick Favors stopped and signed 3 cards. I thanked him for being so generous all season. The Herd were shorthanded, so most of the guys I was looking for weren't there, but prior to the game, I was able to get 3 cards signed by former Suns player Marquese Chriss, who wasn't playing, but came out to meet some fans, and I got two cards signed by Herd head coach Beno Udrih.

Photo of the Sanogo and Favors autos:

Photo of the Udrih and Chriss autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 91

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

30-Mar-2024

Saturday, March 30, 2024, the Chicago Wolves gave out their annual team set at their home game. I was able to get two sets, however, I wasn't able to stay until after the game to get autos. Instead, I looked in the upper level for the players who were scratched from the game, and was able to find two players. Center Dominic Franco signed two cards, and defenseman Domenick Fensore signed two cards.

Photo of the Wolves autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 95

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

09-Apr-2024

I bought a ticket for the Chicago Wolves (AHL) wine tasting fundraiser, where players are on hand to pour wine samples, and you can purchase additional raffle tickets from the players and bid on silent auctions. It was a little more money than I wanted to spend, and I don't (usually) drink, but one of the players was former New jersey Devils goalie Keith Kinkaid, and I really wanted to get his autos. At the event, I was able to get 4 cards signed by former Carolina left wing Chris Terry, 2 cards signed by Wolves defenseman Alex Green, 2 cards signed by Wolves left wing Nathan Sucese, 3 cards signed by former Philadelphia Flyers left wing Isaac Ratcliffe, 6 cards signed by former Ottawa Senators and TB Lightning left wing Cory Conacher, and 7 cards signed by former New Jersey Devils goalie Keith Kinkaid. Every player was super nice, would sign anything you put in front of them, and would spend as much time chatting with you as you wanted, so I had a nice conversation with Kinkaid.

Photo of the Terry, Green, Sucese, and Ratcliffe autos:

Photo of the Conacher and Kinkaid autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 119

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

20-Apr-2024

The Chicago Wolves (AHL) wrapped up their regular season this weekend, and I went to the game on Saturday evening to get as many guys as I could, as I don't know that many will be around next year. The "unaffiliated" AHL thing did not quite work out, and the Wolves ended up in last place. Anyway, after the game, I was able to get 2 cards signed by goalie Adam Scheel, 3 cards signed by former Chicago Blackhawks goalie Antti Raanta, and 6 cards signed by former goalie and current GM Wendell Young.
    Photo of the goalie autos:

I was also able to get 2 cards signed by center Kyle Marino, 2 cards signed by left wing Cole Scheider, 2 cards signed by defenseman Cavan Fitzgerald, 2 cards signed by forward Hudson Elynuik, 2 cards signed by defenseman Griffin Mendel, 2 cards signed by center Josh Melnick, 2 cards signed by left wing Ryan Wagner, 2 cards signed by former Ducks left wing Maxime Comtois, and 3 cards signed by defenseman Matt Donovan.

Photo of the non-goalie autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 149

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

27-Apr-2024 (Part I of II)

This morning, I went to an auto club show in suburban Carol Stream, IL, which features a ton of cars, some charity, and what was advertised as appearances by 2 Chicago Bears, Adrian Colbert and Danny Trevathan. Trevathan is retired, but he arrived, and I was able to get 4 cards signed. Unfortunately, Colbert did not attend.

Photo of the Trevathan autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2024: 153

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12