Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buy or Trade Fun-World See the Stars Baseball Viewers

Looking to buy or trade for See the Stars baseball viewers made by Fun-World. These are from around 1969 and you look through the pinhole to see eight player photos from whatever team ball you have -- similar to a View Master. I would prefer them still in the blister packaging, but would consider just the ball if the packaging no longer exists. I have a few for trade including the Chicago Cubs. Please email me if you have any to sell or trade or even if you have knowledge of which teams were made. I have several but have never seen a checklist. Any help appreciated.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Never seen these before, have any other info on them? Can't seem to even find a checklist!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I also know nothing about them and have never found a checklist on them.

I got about a dozen or so for 10 cents each -- still in the blister packaging -- back in the early to mid-70s. I bought them from a carnival supplier. My guess is that he bought up close-out small toys from the toy manufacturers and warehouses and sold them to smalltown carnivals. All he had were Cubs. The good news was, the Cubs were really good in 1969, so it includes Banks, Williams, Santo, Kessinger, Beckert ... eight in all. I also have the Red Sox, Cardinals, Tigers, Mets, and Braves. They are occasionally available on eBay. Someone now has the Yankees, but I won't pay the $180 that he has been asking for more than a year. Decades ago, I also saw either the Pirates or Giants at a mall show, but the table holder stepped away and we never connected. I would doubt they made the four expansion teams in 1969, but I would think they made most, if not all, of the others such as the Twins, Phillies, Dodgers, A's, etc. but I don't really know. As we have said, I wish I could find a checklist and perhaps some new leads on these. They're fun. Thanks for writing.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I also know nothing about them and have never found a checklist on them.

I got about a dozen or so for 10 cents each -- still in the blister packaging -- back in the early to mid-70s. I bought them from a carnival supplier. My guess is that he bought up close-out small toys from the toy manufacturers and warehouses and sold them to smalltown carnivals. All he had were Cubs. The good news was, the Cubs were really good in 1969, so it includes Banks, Williams, Santo, Kessinger, Beckert ... eight in all. I also have the Red Sox, Cardinals, Tigers, Mets, and Braves. They are occasionally available on eBay. Someone now has the Yankees, but I won't pay the $180 that he has been asking for more than a year. Decades ago, I also saw either the Pirates or Giants at a mall show, but the table holder stepped away and we never connected. I would doubt they made the four expansion teams in 1969, but I would think they made most, if not all, of the others such as the Twins, Phillies, Dodgers, A's, etc. but I don't really know. As we have said, I wish I could find a checklist and perhaps some new leads on these. They're fun. Thanks for writing.

I was hoping there was a Tiger one! Any chance you have an extra ft/fs?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do have one of the Tigers, but not an extra. Found it on eBay more than a year ago. No blister packaging, but the viewer is nice. Unfortunately, not willing to give it up, since I don't have an extra. At least I can confirm that one exists. Really wish I knew more about these. The other cool thing is that I bought a packaging misprint along the way. The front in color is the Red Sox, just as I provided above. The back, in black and white on the same color Red Sox packaging, are the Yankees players that were offered. Quirky.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do have one of the Tigers, but not an extra. Found it on eBay more than a year ago. No blister packaging, but the viewer is nice. Unfortunately, not willing to give it up, since I don't have an extra. At least I can confirm that one exists. Really wish I knew more about these. The other cool thing is that I bought a packaging misprint along the way. The front in color is the Red Sox, just as I provided above. The back, in black and white on the same color Red Sox packaging, are the Yankees players that were offered. Quirky.

Well thanks for sharing the info you do know about them. If you come across another Tigers one keep me in mind.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Players included are Mike Kilkenney, Northrup, Cash, Freeman, Lolich, McAuliffe, Kaline, Horton.