Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Gallagher Suspension Coming

Did not like that flying elbow at all. Just a really dumb dumb thing to do and it very nearly cost the team the win. For sure casts a shadow over what was an excellent game, and Patrick Roy's return to Montreal behind the bench with the Islanders.

That standing ovation was pretty awesome, and a reminder of how much a beloved figure Saint Patrick is.

What do you guys think Gallagher's going to get? I think he gets 4 games, same as the Coyle suspension earlier this season.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Brendan Gallagher suspended five games for illegal check to head | TSN

Targeted chicken wing elbow to the head, Gallagher had to reach in order to make the contact he wanted.

Should of been an in-person hearing. Under Parros, NHL Player Safety is a joke.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

The hit wasn't just terrible, it was absolutely pointless AND terrible. The hit itself wasn't the worst we've see but Pelech clearly started looking the other way and carrying on assuming that Gallagher was going to chase the puck and the play instead of coming at him with a sharp elbow to the non-suspecting head. Pelech's guard was down because he did not think he needed his guard up. It was very unsuspected.

So I love how the media equates the suspension of 5 games into $$$. Like, you really only know what the amount of something is if it's compared to a dollar, a football field or an elephant.

But the suspension was crap. The penalty to the act is very insufficient because it does nothing to hinder these certain acts from repeating. I think the verdict is out that the head needs to be protected and I think much stricter suspensions, penalties, fines are needed. I remember when Crosby was first concussed and how players in all games for at least that season seemed to hit less hard and even protect one another from a bad landing. I remember seeing players literally run into eachother with open arms more like going in for a hug rather than a check.

The penalty should be much stricter for acts like this. 20 Games, a quarter of a season. Half a season if it's happened before. Could end someone's career. I mean you are out there potentially ending someone else's career so really the punishment should fit the crime if the league actually wants acts like this to subside or cease.

Yes hard hits should be out there, enforcers should be out there, fighting should be out there, this is the way hockey is played. The science is out there about brain injury and has been for a long time.

Less ignorance and More sportsmanship!
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

I agree, I don't think 5 games is enough. In my opinion, he did that on purpose. There's no way that was an accident.
    Collecting 2017 Leafs Centennial, Roberto Luongo (Vancouver years), and Mitch Marner. Mild interest in other Leafs and goalies (especially from Canadian teams).

Tradelist: Hidden Content
    Wantlist: Hidden Content