Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm wishing the OPC boxes take a hit when series two comes out and young guns mania runs wild but I don't see them dropping.

They should, there's a lot printed and even though they're being opened a lot right now that is going to come to a complete halt as new products get released. Then there will be silence for a while, as the prices remain elevated and no one is buying/ripping OPC. After inventory sits everyone will start dropping the prices until inventory starts to move again. Until Dave and Adams and similar size vendors sell out, downward movement on box pricing is an inevitability. They aren't in the business of sitting on cases for a ROI decades from now. They have bills to pay.

As for Series 2 and Extended, I kinda doubt they'll drop at all. Not like in recent years passed. YG fever is real and there's going to be plenty of demand to keep those box prices at least stable.
    Last edited by stoopid; 02-27-2024 at 01:54 PM.
    Long time collector. Hockey, some baseball, even less football.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

I'm wishing the OPC boxes take a hit when series two comes out and young guns mania runs wild but I don't see them dropping.

Our local told me over this past weekend that he is raising prices this week by up to $20.00 a box because he is getting push back from people not wanting to pay $300 for a box of UD 2 so many are sticking with OPC instead in hopes of hitting one of the nicer Bedard rookies. He was at $139.99 a box. Just looked at Dave and Adams and they are at $149.99 a box.

It will be interesting to see what prices do once UD 2 is releases next week.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

Our local told me over this past weekend that he is raising prices this week by up to $20.00 a box because he is getting push back from people not wanting to pay $300 for a box of UD 2 so many are sticking with OPC instead in hopes of hitting one of the nicer Bedard rookies. He was at $139.99 a box. Just looked at Dave and Adams and they are at $149.99 a box.

It will be interesting to see what prices do once UD 2 is releases next week.

I'm of this mind set, I luckily preordered 2 boxes last summer at 150 ea. So hope they honor the price now. I'm out at 300 plus. I'll buy OPC at 100 to 120 all day long
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

There are a few other products that I see taking a hit with the Bedardmania. OPC Platinum 22-23 an Parkhurst Champions 22-23 will be harder to sell with Bedard cards available.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Tampa Bay Lightning Pittsburgh Penguins

There are a few other products that I see taking a hit with the Bedardmania. OPC Platinum 22-23 an Parkhurst Champions 22-23 will be harder to sell with Bedard cards available.

OPC Platinum 22-23 will be a hard sell also due to the quality issues that plagued 21-22 Platinum. Though changing from a 200 card set with 50 rookies to a 300 card set with 100 rookies was also not a good move, as it watered down the product way too much.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

There are tons of so called collectors opening OPC now that never even looked at it in past years. I have also noticed an influx of past collectors getting back into the hobby.

I'm also hoping that once Series 2 comes out people will lay off the OPC.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Sorry, OPC ain't going down in price

I don't recall any unopened product jump this high in price in such a short time ever.
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry, OPC ain't going down in price

I don't recall any unopened product jump this high in price in such a short time ever.

That's precisely why it's even more likely to drop -- it's all hype driven, and that hype is about to vanish. It's not a normal, organic inflation in pricing and those types of market changes are always followed by sharp corrections. We're about to find out the answer to the question in the coming weeks/months, so not a lot of need to speculate as we're about to live whatever will be the outcome.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

OPC Platinum 22-23 will be a hard sell also due to the quality issues that plagued 21-22 Platinum. Though changing from a 200 card set with 50 rookies to a 300 card set with 100 rookies was also not a good move, as it watered down the product way too much.

It's going to be a bitter pill for the stores and the customers when the distributors tell them that if they want 2023-24 Platinum they have to buy 2022-23 Platinum.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Totally agree, O Pee Chee Platinum has always been one of my favorite products, this year as of right now, ZERO plans of buying any of the product. 100 rookies when you have six or seven you actually want. Sorry but not dropping my money on this product. UD junked up ICE this year with all the extra "colored" rookie cards and so lesson learned.

Good luck to you that do!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast