Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I know I complain about parallels sometimes…

…but I don’t think we will ever get to this level of insanity in hockey. And don’t get me wrong, I liked Panini when they had the licence, but this is absolute madness.

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

Basketball collectors eat up those parallels, Hockey Collectors not so much.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

That is crazy. What is the most for a Hockey release? 12 is the most I can think of.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Wow, that’s pure madness. That’s sad, I appreciated Prism hockey the way it was in 13-14.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Basketball collectors eat up those parallels

No they do not. They didn't when the basketball market was hot and they definitely don't now that it has tanked. The amount of parallels that are released now is just disgusting by both Panini, Leaf, and Topps/Fanatics. Totally killing the market with them IMO
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

No they do not. They didn't when the basketball market was hot and they definitely don't now that it has tanked. The amount of parallels that are released now is just disgusting by both Panini, Leaf, and Topps/Fanatics. Totally killing the market with them IMO

Leaf has overdone parallels too. At which point do we need versions /20 /9 /5 /3 /2 /1 of the same card with only the color of the foil changing? I preferred the way ITG was doing things, with maybe a regular /40 and a gold /10.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

If you're going to mass produce, you're gonna need more inserts.

Coloured parallels in other sports are no different than the filler inserts you see in upper deck products (star surge, 200x85, rookie retrospectives, pageantry, true leaders, bla bla bla)

To be honest i'd rather have coloured parallels than useless subset inserts. That's why I prefer OPC products over the flagship product.
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is crazy. What is the most for a Hockey release? 12 is the most I can think of.

2020-21 OPC platinum had 16 variations counting the E-pack color wheel and not counting the regular prism variation. They also added the Glitter version recently so I'm not sure what the current count is.
    Last edited by ac4760; 02-11-2024 at 12:40 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

If you're going to mass produce, you're gonna need more inserts.

Coloured parallels in other sports are no different than the filler inserts you see in upper deck products (star surge, 200x85, rookie retrospectives, pageantry, true leaders, bla bla bla)

To be honest i'd rather have coloured parallels than useless subset inserts. That's why I prefer OPC products over the flagship product.

At least, UD did put more efforts in the inserts of flagship in the past couple of years. Centers of Attraction, Defense Mecanisms, Freestyle, Star zone and 200x85 are all decent designs in my opinion.

I opened quite a bit of UD1 21-22, and outside of YGs, canvas and dazzlers, most of the inserts were boring.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

63 parallels is nuts! But would make for a really cool rainbow pic...
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast