Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

So is Alexis Lafreniere officially a bust yet?

It's his 4th year. He should have figured it out by now, looks like he hasn't

Games: 54
    Goals: 14
    Assists: 17

Carrer
    Games: 270
    Goals: 61
    Assists: 61

Look how cheap this lot went for, should have bid on it.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/404764803602...Bk9SR-jTqLa2Yw
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

That’s a nice lot for the price. He’s under expectations for a number 1 pick, but still on path for a decent NHL career. I am sitting on a 05-06 tribute YG of him from Extended.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I wouldn't call him a bust. He's not Yakupov or Galchenyuk or Patrick. He's been a disappointment, for sure, but he's still very much in The Show and putting up respectable numbers in a supporting role on a strong Rangers team. He is on pace for career highs in goals, assists, and points this season. He may not emerge as a superstar, as anyone who dropped $100+ on a YG would lament, but I don't see him washing out of the NHL anytime soon.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I agree, I could see him eventually settling into a second line role where he’s putting up 60-70 points per season. Not superstar material, but definitely someone who could play for a long time in the NHL.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Obviously the Rangers haven't given up on him yet, disappointment yes but bust no.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

No

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Tampa Bay Lightning Pittsburgh Penguins

He's had stretches where he's looked real good this year, and his stats are trending upwards. But to put his career so far into some perspective, here's the stats for the first four years of two other NHLers, production which is similar to Laf's so far:

Player 1:

GP G A Pts
    75 20 14 34
    79 9 23 32
    79 14 17 31
    82 18 36 54

Player 2:

GP G A Pts
    82 9 20 29
    82 16 20 36
    78 8 31 39
    76 11 31 42

Those two players? Daniel and Henrik Sedin.

Just saying.
    Last edited by discomike; 02-24-2024 at 06:29 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

With 6 goals (including 2 GWG) and 3 assists in his last 10 games, I think he's far from dead at this point. He might never be a superstar, but I as I had mentioned before, I think he has a chance to remain a top six forward.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a player he's ... fine. Solid bottom 6 at the moment. Kinda a Charlie Coyle trajectory. Steady with flashes of greatness.

As a collector he's a complete bust, especially if someone was aboard the hype train and spent hundreds (or thousands) on his rookies a couple years ago. That's the speculative side to the hobby, he could have been great but as it turns out he's just an above average hockey player which makes spending that money on him a bust by any measure. At this point the odds of him busting out and becoming Nathan MacKinnon level good are dwindling with each game. If you look at past draft classes, most top picks don't work out. This is true of all sports. And of the #1 picks, not even all of them end up being superstars/hall of fame caliber.
    Last edited by stoopid; 02-25-2024 at 02:42 PM.
    Long time collector. Hockey, some baseball, even less football.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Tampa Bay Lightning Pittsburgh Penguins

As a player he's ... fine. Solid bottom 6 at the moment. Kinda a Charlie Coyle trajectory. Steady with flashes of greatness.

As a collector he's a complete bust, especially if someone was aboard the hype train and spent hundreds (or thousands) on his rookies a couple years ago. That's the speculative side to the hobby, he could have been great but as it turns out he's just an above average hockey player which makes spending that money on him a bust by any measure. At this point the odds of him busting out and becoming Nathan MacKinnon level good are dwindling with each game. If you look at past draft classes, most top picks don't work out. This is true of all sports. And of the #1 picks, not even all of them end up being superstars/hall of fame caliber.

Imagine how many disappointed collectors there will be out there if Bedard doesn't live up to the insane hype surrounding him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast