Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: It's All Over........

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

It's All Over........

4.18 Mil

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ions-1.7125262

Seller definitely won this deal
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

The real winner is the Canadian government who will tax the crap out of the family who sold the case and eventually the buyer who (is also Canadian) will eventually sell the case in some form or another.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Whoa this thread took a quick political u-turn

Why would you turn around and sell the case again. I doubt it will increase in value anytime soon

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Well, at some point, the buyer or their family will eventually sell the case, or individual boxes, or maybe even individual cards. It may not happen right away, but it will happen eventually.

Not sure how you thought this was political … it’s a fact that when you sell something for millions, the Canadian government is gonna get a nice cut. It’s no different than buying a stock or a property and selling it for a profit years later. I just hope they received some good financial advice so that they can keep as much of the sale as they are legally entitled to.

I’d be interested in knowing how much they’re going to be taxed on the sale.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Big price to pay, but how else are you going to get a shot at landing 24-30 Gretzky RC's at once, right?

Wonder if they'll crack that wax (and eat the gum!) or keep them sealed...
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Big price to pay, but how else are you going to get a shot at landing 24-30 Gretzky RC's at once, right?

Wonder if they'll crack that wax (and eat the gum!) or keep them sealed...

Sensibility says to leave it all sealed, sell the boxes off. There's no guarantees the Gretzky cards aren't all off centered or some other issue. Let someone else rip them on their dime.

The kid in me already has all the wrappers in a huge pile on the living room floor.
    Long time collector. Hockey, some baseball, even less football.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're going to probably have to pull 2 PSA 10's to make a profit. Best to keep it sealed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

27 Gretzkys guaranteed I heard...

Everyone wins with this find! The price will eventually go up so even the buyer has already won. And we win for letting our imaginations run wild and the hobby has won. Great story, even my dad has told me about it a few times because he knows how long I've been into collecting, heck he even got me into it in 1990 lol
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Agreed @Cunnuc that this is great for the hobby - it was on the news across Canada on Monday night, so there's going to be a spark of interest nationwide. I suspect a lot of card shops are fielding calls and having people bring in tattered copies of the card hoping to cash in on the hype...and who knows, maybe they'll buy some new product to land a Bedard.