Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Show & Tell Contest - Week 9 - Best 2022-23 SP Authentic Card

Today we begin Week 9 of the 2024 Show & Tell Contest, sponsored by Market Movers by Sports Card Investor - you can see the weekly themes and get the "how to" in the main contest thread here: https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...t-2024-Edition! If you didn't see the announcement, you'll all be thrilled to learn that our prizes are confirmed! The overall winner will have their choice of a hobby box of 2023-24 UD Series 1 OR a hobby box of 2023-24 UD Artifacts. 2nd Place will receive the other box. Thank you to our sponsor!

The first theme is: Best 2022-23 SP Authentic Card

SP Authentic is one of the staple releases of the hockey card calendar. With a lineage going back two decades, and featuring some of the most coveted rookie cards each year, it's no wonder that so many collectors love the product. With that in mind let's see your best card from last year's release. This can be anything from a Future Watch to a Sign of the Times to a multi-player card, and all things in between.

Posting guideline: please ensure that you have proof of ownership in your image. This can be as simple as having your SCF user name on a decoy card alongside your submission. I'll share an example below.

Contest is open to all SCF Members except for myself, fellow TM's, and anyone in the upper management. We can play, but we won't be eligible in the voting rounds.

Reminder about the points & RP available for participation:

How points will be awarded:

1pt for a valid entry

Voting:

4pts for first place
    2pts for second place
    If we get more than 10 entries, an additional point will be awarded to both 1st and 2nd place, and I'll award 1 point for 3rd place.

Each entry will earn you 25 Rewards Points. For those not familiar with SCF RP, it's a site currency that can be used to purchase cards from other members, the SCF Rewards Store, and get into special Group Breaks hosted by @doniceage

The winner of each week's contest will be awarded an additional 250RP.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My latest COMC order is slightly delayed for delivery but I’m just here for kicks anyways. So here’s a fun dual card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well 7 weeks pretty much tied to buying new wax, of which I do virtually none of anymore.

Nothing to submit this week. Good luck to all.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nothing from me this week, haven't dabbled in SPA at all.
    Patrick Roy PC: Playing days 1985/86-2002/03, excluding 1/1, National Show/All-Star Game issues.
    PC Completion: 2,643/2,983 = 88.60%
    PC Website: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Here is mine for the week.

Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

my pic

my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

I don't have a single one to put up....

Looks like I'm going shopping this week after all....
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

I kind of liked the look of this card and the price was right so I picked it up a couple of weeks ago (yes, specifically for this week's entry, haha).

Collecting 2017 Leafs Centennial, Roberto Luongo (Vancouver years), and Mitch Marner. Mild interest in other Leafs and goalies (especially from Canadian teams).

Tradelist: Hidden Content
    Wantlist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Walked into the card shop with the intent to buy a box of 23-24 OPC. It was an easy decision to change course when 21-22 and 22-23 SP Authentic were the same price. Pulled this out of the box of 22-23 SP Auth. For the 22-23 edition, I am two for two for patch autos. A much better name this time.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have a single one to put up....

Looks like I'm going shopping this week after all....

That's been my approach for a couple of these, and I'm just showing stuff for demonstrative purposes LOL With the price hikes in SPA in recent years I can't justify the risk/reward, but I still pick up the occasional single. My COMC order did show up yesterday and while it does have a couple 22-23 SPA cards in it, I'll reserve those for that little thread.

Happy hunting! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast