Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2012-13 SPA FWA, which ones are SSP?

Trying to close out some old sets. Need 4 12-13 SPA FWA to finish the set. They are hard to find, not many listings.

Were some of them short prints, or maybe redemptions? Some listings call them SSP and are high $$, I tried looking for information on whether there were any short prints in the FWA set? Nothing anywhere. This was the lockout year set, don't think it was very popular, but all the same - I need these 4 cards to finish the set. 217 Smith, 218 Dillon, 226 Cizikas, and 233 Brown.

If anyone knows anything or has any of these cards - let me know.

Thanks, Toby.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know for certain which years or players, but yes sometimes the fwa are redemptions. Zeeree on youtube collects these sets and has covered this a few times over the past couple years.
    Long time collector. Hockey, some baseball, even less football.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just sold Smith, Cizikas and Brown over the last 12 months!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

None should be a "true" SP. They'd all have 999 copies.

I don't remember that year specifically, but I do recall most years (at least back then) if they were redemptions, likely no more than half the redemptions actually got packed out. It always seemed like a game UD played. Make the cards really hard to get (even after they're fulfilled). Set collectors will pump the values, and then they had high value replacements to offer for other things.

If they were redemptions, they're probably harder to track down than most others from that set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the feedback. I think that the redemption ones are likely the tough ones. I realize there are no SPs, they are all /999, but if on some only a few of the redemptions were submitted then there would be much fewer of each on the market. Was wondering if there was a way to find out which FWA cards were redemptions.
    The set itself, RCs were limited and generally not top star players. I bought several (by several I mean several) boxes, the autos I was pulling were outstanding. I pulled a Jean Beliveau, Mario Lemieux, Patrick Roy, Carey Price, and 2 Bobby Orrs! The autos were a plenty in those boxes, had the SP retro set, diecut autos, and so many other auto options.