Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Trade Deadline Discussion Thread - Rumours, Deals, etc.

With the annual Trade Deadline hitting this Friday, let's have some fun discussing where our teams are at, what the deals could and should be, the latest rumblings, and so forth.

If you're going to post rumours/deals, please make sure they're somewhat credible and/or substantiated. I don't want to see any "McDavid on the block to Toronto?" nonsense.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

For the Habs, things are looking pretty quiet. There's been some speculation around David Savard, who still has a year left after this season, and him possibly being dealt. I think he brings a solid veteran presence to a very young defence corps, and he would be welcome in pretty much any locker room with his pedigree behind him in a depth role. I don't know that he'll fetch the same return as Tanev, but it would be interesting. Things have also gotten really quiet on the Jake Allen front--I don't think that Hughes has made too many mistakes in his tenure, but this has been one of them or so it seems. The three-goalie rotation hasn't benefited anybody, and it feels almost like every game Allen does get, he doesn't play particularly well. He's had a few good nights, but as I often say, other GM's watch the games too. And finally, Josh Anderson may be a lost cause.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I can see the Oilers doing any of the following:

1. Back-up or '1B' type goalie
    2. Upgrade on the 2nd pairing RH dman (i.e. Cody Ceci out, and a replacement in)
    3. Depth defenceman (vet guy, who won't slot in regularly)
    4. Top 6 winger
    5. 4th line Center
    6. "Middle 6" winger, rather than a top 6

What do I expect? They won't do anything with the goalies. They won't get a big name winger (legit top 6 guy). They will get another scoring winger that slots into the middle 6, probably a new 4C, and defensive depth.

If they actually bring in a big name, I expect it's to replace Ceci - not a big name winger (and certainly not a big name goalie).

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow so a flurry of activity today.

Tarasenko to Florida
    Colorado sends Johansen to Philly for Sean Walker
    Edmonton gets Henrique and Carrick from Anaheim
    Bowen Byram (whom I love as a player) to Buffalo for Middelstadt

And the Guentzel watch continues!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Habs have made a move, and I just got a Jacob Perreault YG for 70 cents. LOL

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Habs have made a move, and I just got a Jacob Perreault YG for 70 cents. LOL

That's 8 cents less than I paid for a Sam Carrick auto yesterday, CONGRATS!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

#winning

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Toffoli to the Jets. That's two guys I used to like a lot in Montreal now with that team. Shame they still have Schiefele, I'd almost be willing to cheer for them!

Big day today!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Finally the three-goalie carousel is over in Montreal. Allen to the Devils for a 3rd, conditional 2nd. Habs retain 50%