Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

2023-24 Upper Deck Monster Season Connor McDavid

So, how many of our Oilers/McDavid collectors are going to be putting together this set...and/or the cool parallel set /153?

I have to tip my cap to UD for creating this one. A lot of the insert sets in Flagship can be called....questionable, but I think this one is a banger. And I'm glad that Billy Celio has an editor because if they called it "McMonster Season" as he initially conceived it (great work by @HammerHawks ; @creasecollector who gave you the day off from that podcast?) LOL

I've long wanted to see more cards that are "game dated" or have a connection to particular landmarks in a player's career or link to some act of significance on the ice. Yes we get the GDM's on Epack and rarities like the 500 Goal Club / 300 Wins Club cards. Something like this spotlighting the game's premier superstar is a great way to kick-start what I hope becomes an annual tradition. It would be cool to do something like this next year for, say Auston Matthews if he pops 70 goals, or a "Path to the Cup" set for the 2024 Stanley Cup Champions.

So yeah, good job UD.
    Upper Deck Fun Gauge

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I hadn't heard about this set until just now. Thanks!

It's a cool idea, 1:15 packs also means they're not super easy to pull. That's less than 1 per box, and there's 82 in the set.

These feel like card that would sell in the $5-$10 range on COMC, but even then - I'm going to bet they do something on ePack like the first 5 (10?) people who redeem a complete 82 card set will get an autograph. It will make them slow to go to COMC, and people will trade heavy for them, if they're chasing a McDavid auto achievement.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'd be absolutely shocked if they missed the boat on such an opportunity on the ePack.

I hit one in my box, it specifically references the game, what he did, etc. Super cool. A kid in the shop later that day pulled one of the parallels and they look awesome. Love that they numbered them to his points total for the year.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

It's a really cool idea for a set - and the cards look awesome to boot. Nice work by Upper Deck here for sure!

As for the podcast, we are always hard at work haha. Currently have a "reactionary" Series 2 episode in the can and will be released pretty soon. Fun epsiode talking about Series 2 release day, Bedard mania, his pricing out of the gate, etc.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content