Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

New hockey card member from Canada questions on grading

Hello I'm new on here but had some questions .I collected hockey cards in the late 80s till 91 and just packed them away till now .I looking at selling my cards but I'm not sure if I should grade some of them ,it looks like the era of the cards I have really aren t worth much unless grading out high .my cards are all mint never touched and were purchased new from me .my question is can someone look at a card and kind of get a idea if it will grade out high .I have lots of rookie cards but many only seem like they are worth 1 to 5 dollars graded out as 9.5 or 10 could be 400.How hard is it to grade out that high when card has now damage centering looks good on most corners and edges are sharp..thank you Tom .can ask more info or pictures if you think it could help

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

hi there.
    you might want to maybe check out ebay
    on sales of graded cards
    i really dont look for them
    but maybe that might help you out abit.
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

It depends on the exact year and who's on the card

88-89 (brett Hull's rookie year) was the last year before overproduction/ Junk Wax Era began You can definitely make money of off PSA 8's,9's and 10's off these late 80's cards depending on who it is.

Anything after that year it's pretty much PSA 10 or bust. Maybe Jagr, Sakic, Gretzky could be the acceptation to this rule.

The way I see it is this.....look at your cards corners, edges, surface, and centering on the front and back. If you see zero flaws and it looks like a 10 then grade it. It will probably come back a 9 or a 10. If it comes back a 9 crack it out of the slab and resubmit it until they give you a 10

if you see just a tiny flaw, don't grade it. It will probably come back a 7 and a sale price for a 7 won't even cover the grading fee

Don't forget to check for fading.
    Last edited by cjb; 03-09-2024 at 11:39 PM.
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you great to know .I will have to look at them very close with good light and magnification.