Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Please Note - OGColl will ship to the following countries: Any Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

WTTF- 1995-96 Topps Home Grown Canada

Hoping some old school collectors might have some things I'm looking for and help to complete certain sets/subset:

1995-96 Topps Home Grown Canada, Series #1: HG1 - Roy, HG3 Turgeon, HG12 Linden
    ---- Have several series 1 duplicates that I can gnerously trade towards these 3 cards I need.

1995-96 Topps O-Pee-Chee parallel set: Need cards #296 Irbe, #332 Stillman and #346 Witt
    ----- Have several O-P-C duplicates that I can generously trade towards these 3 cards I need.

1996-97 Score Golden Blades: Need #192 Draper
    ----- Have several GB duplicates that I can generously trade towards this 1 card.

1996-97 Donrus Canadian Ice Gold Press Proofs- Need several, and interested in any I can trade toward.
    ---- Have several 90's better inserts to trade towards and of these that I need for my continued set building.

Thanks for looking.

Steve

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Steve,
    Love the old sets and I have found that a few members have them occasionally but it is truly hard to find a lot of the old 90's inserts. I was working on the set of 96/97 flair blue ice and have a good portion of the set. I can find folks who have them but very rarely do I have what they need in return. Best of luck in finding some of the old cards you need for your sets. What sets have you completed from the 90's?

DOn

@OGColl

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don,

Thanks for the kind note. I understand that my interests are fairly far outside of typical now. Frankly, I'm surprised that the 90's-era cards aren't considered or lumped into "Vintage" catagories now. I think it would be easier to track and zero in more usefully to my purposes and interests if they were.

I was very active in the hobby, then left for almost 30 years. But since retirement, I've dug out what I had, kept what I wanted and sold off or gave away everything else I had amassed (across the 4 sports, but heavily hockey-centric).

Whether I can actually find everything I'm missing, which really isn't too much, remains to be seen, with however many years I have left (which also remains to be seen).

I have most standard sets from the 90's, but focused on some of the better (to my view/opinion) parallel and other subsets. Some of the hockey sets I've built and completed include: 92-93 Topps Gold, 93-94 Parkie Emerald, 94-95 Finest reg & refractor set, 94-95 BB reg & refractor, 94-95 O-P-C Special Effects, 94-95 McDonalds, 94-95 UD SP Insert S1 & S2, 94-95 Pinnacle Rink Collection (with all trade vouchers & redemption cars), 95-96 Select Certified Mirror Gold, 95-96 Finest reg & refractor sets, 96-97 Fleer Flair, 96-97 Donruss Elite, 96-97 Donruss Uncut-Diecuts, 96-97 Donruss Canadian Ice Red Press Proof set and all subsets, and some others loosely.

Still working on my wants above for: 95-96 O-P-C parallel, 96-97 Score Golden Blades and loose chase for 96-97 Canadian Ice Gold Press Proofs (about 40%) and 94-95 Pinnacle Artist Proof Set (about 65% complete).

Was working on the 1996-97 Flair Blue Ice and still have several left, so you could send me a list of what you're seeking (if you are still), as I use these mostly for trading into the wants I have.

Steve
    Last edited by OGColl; 03-15-2024 at 04:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have any of the cards you need. I was just wondering if you have an extra 1995-96 Topps Home Grown HG20 Gretzky?
    Looking for Wayne Gretzky base/inserts that I don't have.

Looking for Vancouver Canuck base/inserts that I don't have.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sorry, no I don't. That Gretzky is the gem of the Series 2 Home Grown Set. It's been a very tough get for years. Surprisingly, a few have come up and sold on Ebay over the past few months. Prices were all over the place, from over $300. to a relative bargain under $90.

An entire Home Grown Set, Series 1 & 2, recently sold immediately when offered, for a BO taken from a $1499.00 asking price. The Series 2 cards were distributed in another Canada-only product from that time period and had very uneven odds of finding them or possibly severely short-printed factors at play. This seems to have happened with a few things during that period that Topps was involved in, as well as some other products with the same CA-only distribution (ie: 94-95 Pinnacle Masks).

Good luck in the search for the Gretzky.

BTW...on your interest in Vancouver Canucks, do you have interest in the 96-97 Score Golden Blades Redemption Sets, with the punched GB, Artist Proof and Dealer's Choice Artist Proofs? I have a few Canuck player 3-card sets: Gelinas, Courtnal, Ronning (mis-ID as Arizona Coyotes) and Ridley.

Thanks for the note and reply to my thread.

Steve
    Tucson, AZ

SCF Rewards
    Country

I totally understand that HG Gretzky is rare because I have never seen at any card shows that I attended over the years. Maybe 20 years ago I should have just bid higher on eBay when the card was still listed for low price in the Beckett. The last time I tried to bid on it, the auction went over $200.

The HG3 Turgeon and HG12 Linden that you are looking for should still be affordable , but I have seen them listed for $20-$30 each. HG1 Roy would probably be more expensive.

I don't have too many of the 96-97 Score Golden Blades Redemption Sets. Or maybe just a few cards. I would be interested. I probably don't have much for trade.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I totally understand that HG Gretzky is rare because I have never seen at any card shows that I attended over the years. Maybe 20 years ago I should have just bid higher on eBay when the card was still listed for low price in the Beckett. The last time I tried to bid on it, the auction went over $200.

The HG3 Turgeon and HG12 Linden that you are looking for should still be affordable , but I have seen them listed for $20-$30 each. HG1 Roy would probably be more expensive.

I don't have too many of the 96-97 Score Golden Blades Redemption Sets. Or maybe just a few cards. I would be interested. I probably don't have much for trade.

I'm also loosly trading for 1994-95 Pinnacle Artist Proofs, should you have some of them and 1996-97 Flair Blue Ice as well.

I know the Score Dealer's Choice A.P.'s are so often on PC want lists, as the program wasn't followed closely and the common and semi's didn't often get redeemed.

Steve