Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Well there's more about this set than what have been shared in this thread. This set has really gone up a lot in value and popularity the last years and is one of the most popular 90s set. A lot of set builders and player collectors compete for these cards.

There's totally 24 players in this set and each have 12 cards so that's a total of 288 cards. The majority of the cards have a high print run and could easily be found for less than $20. But then there is some really rare cards in the set which can generate surprisingly high values.

Emerald Moment and Emerald Season are the rare ones at a first glance. But that's not the whole truth. First of all these are printed in a lot more copies than the stated 30 and 50 they were supposed to be. But the big secret with the set are to identify which cards that came from the Pinnacle Certified brand because the print run for those are a lot lower regardless of colour. That's why someone have problems finding Forsberg Season Orange and Purple. Forsbergs Season cards came from Pinnacle Certified.
    For Mark Messier that would be his Game cards that came from Certified. So any of his Game cards could command a decent value.
    So just to be clear. Messiers Play cards all colours very low value. Messiers Game cards all colours could have a decent value. If I need to guess between $30-80 somewhat depending on colour. Messiers Season cards Emerald may fetch a price about $30-40. Orange and Purple less. Messiers Moment cards: orange and purple not so much value but Emerald went for $350 last night. And speaking of Epix sales also last night a Jagr Moment Emerald went for $1750. A little insane but Jagrs Moment cards are the rare ones from Pinnacle Certified.

Happy to help with other questions for the set.

I agree that there are more of the Emerald Moments and Emerald Season out there than the stated print run. My theory is that they did know how to count, but during the bankruptcy of Pinnacle they did not control the replacement stock that they had hand. In other words, they printed more than they packaged to be able to replace damaged cards. Someone probably picked up all those cards in one big lot.

Somehow I acquired two Fedorov Emerald Moments which would have come out of the Dare to Tear Zenith product.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well there's more about this set than what have been shared in this thread. This set has really gone up a lot in value and popularity the last years and is one of the most popular 90s set. A lot of set builders and player collectors compete for these cards.

There's totally 24 players in this set and each have 12 cards so that's a total of 288 cards. The majority of the cards have a high print run and could easily be found for less than $20. But then there is some really rare cards in the set which can generate surprisingly high values.

Emerald Moment and Emerald Season are the rare ones at a first glance. But that's not the whole truth. First of all these are printed in a lot more copies than the stated 30 and 50 they were supposed to be. But the big secret with the set are to identify which cards that came from the Pinnacle Certified brand because the print run for those are a lot lower regardless of colour. That's why someone have problems finding Forsberg Season Orange and Purple. Forsbergs Season cards came from Pinnacle Certified.
    For Mark Messier that would be his Game cards that came from Certified. So any of his Game cards could command a decent value.
    So just to be clear. Messiers Play cards all colours very low value. Messiers Game cards all colours could have a decent value. If I need to guess between $30-80 somewhat depending on colour. Messiers Season cards Emerald may fetch a price about $30-40. Orange and Purple less. Messiers Moment cards: orange and purple not so much value but Emerald went for $350 last night. And speaking of Epix sales also last night a Jagr Moment Emerald went for $1750. A little insane but Jagrs Moment cards are the rare ones from Pinnacle Certified.

Happy to help with other questions for the set.

Thanks for sharing that information.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

you are right on the money
    i just sold a messier orange game for $50
    more than i expected but very pleased
    and it was because of the information i received here on SCF that i knew the "value" of the card - thank you

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree that there are more of the Emerald Moments and Emerald Season out there than the stated print run. My theory is that they did know how to count, but during the bankruptcy of Pinnacle they did not control the replacement stock that they had hand. In other words, they printed more than they packaged to be able to replace damaged cards. Someone probably picked up all those cards in one big lot.

Somehow I acquired two Fedorov Emerald Moments which would have come out of the Dare to Tear Zenith product.

That's two nice cards. I know it surfaced several copies of this card at the same time on ebay maybe a year ago. I think like 5 copies in a month, maybe you picked up any of these.

Correct it's from Zenith, You would think the ones from Zenith should be more unusual and many still sitting in unripped jumbos but no such effect. Rather the opposite. I know the Emerald Seasons from Zenith (Kariya, Jagr, Hasek, LeCLair, Gilmour, Bure) all are very common if you can use that word. The same with the Emerald Moments (Gretzky, Vanbiesbrouck, Sakic, Yashin, Fedorov, Tkachuk) seem to be a little more common than other Emerald Moments. When the Fedorovs turned up on ebay a year ago there was also many copies of Vanbiesbrouck, Sakic, Yashin and Tkachuk from the same seller. Maybe it was many of just these Zenith cards that was back doored after the Pinnacle bankruptcy.

you are right on the money
    i just sold a messier orange game for $50
    more than i expected but very pleased
    and it was because of the information i received here on SCF that i knew the "value" of the card - thank you

Glad the information was useful to you. $50 seems like a decent price for it. I have one copy myself that are on a pending sale outside ebay and I valued it to $40-50 in the deal. I see you have a purple copy as well. Interesting to see where that one ends. Some of these Epixs cards are not easy to price.

But more crazy Epix sales tonight. A Gilmour Moment Orange for 400 usd but even worse a LeClair Moment Orange for 800 usd. Both from Pinnacle Certified brand. Wow you can really leave a lot of money on the table if you don't know what you have.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

i guess its if there is a serious buyer out there and he happens along your card, then you are in luck
    or somebody with deep pockets to whom money is no object
    but at least now i know a little more than i did
    and i have a bit of understanding when it comes to pricing these crads

SCF Rewards
    Country

i guess its if there is a serious buyer out there and he happens along your card, then you are in luck
    or somebody with deep pockets to whom money is no object
    but at least now i know a little more than i did
    and i have a bit of understanding when it comes to pricing these crads

Seems like it have popped up many collectors who is trying to build the entire set since a while back and I believe that's the reason why some of the more unusual Epixs cards goes for high or even crazy prices nowadays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12