Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

can i get some info on a couple 90's cards please

hi i picked these up in a recent trade
    and wondered about them.
    anybody familiar with them
    97/98 pinnacle epix
    seems like 3 different versions and at least 2 colours
    game, play and season
    orange and purple

are they desirable?
    all are of mark messier

thank you

SCF Rewards
    Country

There were three colours of each card with Orange being the base, Purple and Emerald being the rarest. They aren't worth very much but some of the 90s collectors are still looking for some of them.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thank you Pete

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Epix inserts are fairly common for the most part, especially the Orange and Purple. The Epix series were sprinkled across all the Pinnacle brands, insert ratios are hard to determine but Orange and Purple are the most common. The Emerald Play and Game are also more common. The Emerald Season was limited to 50 sets, and the Emerald Moment was limited to 30 sets. The latter 2 Emerald series can fetch some high numbers depending on the player.
    All that said, I am still on the hunt for Epix Season Purple and Orange of Peter Forsberg. So some of the Epix show up far less than others regardless of color.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thanx scarrman if i come across some forsberg i will let you know

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well there's more about this set than what have been shared in this thread. This set has really gone up a lot in value and popularity the last years and is one of the most popular 90s set. A lot of set builders and player collectors compete for these cards.

There's totally 24 players in this set and each have 12 cards so that's a total of 288 cards. The majority of the cards have a high print run and could easily be found for less than $20. But then there is some really rare cards in the set which can generate surprisingly high values.

Emerald Moment and Emerald Season are the rare ones at a first glance. But that's not the whole truth. First of all these are printed in a lot more copies than the stated 30 and 50 they were supposed to be. But the big secret with the set are to identify which cards that came from the Pinnacle Certified brand because the print run for those are a lot lower regardless of colour. That's why someone have problems finding Forsberg Season Orange and Purple. Forsbergs Season cards came from Pinnacle Certified.
    For Mark Messier that would be his Game cards that came from Certified. So any of his Game cards could command a decent value.
    So just to be clear. Messiers Play cards all colours very low value. Messiers Game cards all colours could have a decent value. If I need to guess between $30-80 somewhat depending on colour. Messiers Season cards Emerald may fetch a price about $30-40. Orange and Purple less. Messiers Moment cards: orange and purple not so much value but Emerald went for $350 last night. And speaking of Epix sales also last night a Jagr Moment Emerald went for $1750. A little insane but Jagrs Moment cards are the rare ones from Pinnacle Certified.

Happy to help with other questions for the set.
    Last edited by HansViktor; 03-19-2024 at 08:03 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I pulled a Gretzky orange from the regular Pinnacle product. Is it a valuable card?
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I pulled a Gretzky orange from the regular Pinnacle product. Is it a valuable card?

That should be a Epix Season Orange, correct?

A common one. Value around 15-25 usd.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

That should be a Epix Season Orange, correct?

A common one. Value around 15-25 usd.

Just to let you know, I sold it for 25USD in a few seconds on COMC. I'm happy with my sale, a Season Purple sold for 20CAD on ebay, and a Season Orange for under 27CAD on a Best Offer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's good to hear odjickfan you made a deal you were happy with. Gretzky Epix has always interest even if they were made in many copies. Price is of course varying but I know the last Orange and Purple Seasons on Gretzky I saw sold went for a little less. You can always start high on these cards and lower until someone pull the trigger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast