Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Show & Tell Contest - Week 13 - Best IP/TTM Autograph

Today we begin Week 13 of the 2024 Show & Tell Contest, sponsored by Market Movers by Sports Card Investor - you can see the weekly themes and get the "how to" in the main contest thread. If you didn't see the announcement, you'll all be thrilled to learn that our prizes are confirmed! The overall winner will have their choice of a hobby box of 2023-24 UD Series 1 OR a hobby box of 2023-24 UD Artifacts. 2nd Place will receive the other box. Thank you to our sponsor!

The theme this week is: Best IP/TTM Autograph

Few things can match the excitement of meeting your favourite player and getting their autograph, or getting a package in the mail from them that has a card, puck, photo, or other item with their signature on it. While it is a niche within the hobby, collecting YG autographs has become pretty popular, and in many cases there's a great story that goes along with the memory of collecting that signature. So let's see what you've got in-person or through the mail over the years!

Posting guideline: please ensure that you have proof of ownership in your image. This can be as simple as having your SCF user name on a decoy card alongside your submission. I'll share an example below.

Contest is open to all SCF Members except for myself, fellow TM's, and anyone in the upper management. We can play, but we won't be eligible in the voting rounds.

Reminder about the points & RP available for participation:

How points will be awarded:

1pt for a valid entry

Voting:

4pts for first place
    2pts for second place
    If we get more than 10 entries, an additional point will be awarded to both 1st and 2nd place, and I'll award 1 point for 3rd place.

Each entry will earn you 25 Rewards Points. For those not familiar with SCF RP, it's a site currency that can be used to purchase cards from other members, the SCF Rewards Store, and get into special Group Breaks hosted by @doniceage

The winner of each week's contest will be awarded an additional 250RP.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Was pretty awesome to meet this guy. And I couldn’t find my Beliveau LOL

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (162)
    Country
    Navy
    Minnesota Wild Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins
    See ceej830's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

On December 20, 2007, I was in the press box for the Rangers-Wild game where Marian Gaborik scored 5 goals. After the game, I went to the locker room and Gabby was being interviewed by every reporter there. When finished, I congratulated him (he said 'Thanks!"). Then a Wild rep brought over his 5 goal pucks to take a photo. I was standing right to Gabby's left (photo's right). Of course, they cut me off from being in the photo...dang photographers!

Anyway, I ended up getting a copy of that photo and had Gaborik sign it with "5 goals" inscription.

SCF - Week 13

--Curt
    GO WILD!!!

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hammer signed by Dave "The Hammer" Schultz. From an event at my LCS, July 2020.
    Patrick Roy PC: Playing days 1985/86-2002/03, excluding 1/1, National Show/All-Star Game issues.
    PC Completion: 2,643/2,983 = 88.60%
    PC Website: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

In 2019 I was involved in a Leafs Alumni Hockey game where I was able to play as a Leaf for the game by winning an auction to earn money for Canadian Mental Health Association. I was able to eat dinner with all the players then go on the ice and try not to embarrass myself. At the time I was 53 years old so well past my prime(if I ever had a prime). Included in the auction was a jersey they provided me with, which I had all the players sign after the game. It was the highlight of my hockey career(of which there we very few lights at all). Some of the players involved were Wendel Clark, Gary Leeman, Darcy Tucker, Shayne Corson and Al Iafrate. I have since seen Iafrate and Corson at other fund raisers and had them sign my photograph of all the players. The jersey though brings back great memories of that night. Here you go!

These were all the players minus Wendel who was visiting with fans(I'm the small guy at the far left lol):

Here is picture of myself, Tucker, Wendel, Luca Caputi and Ric Jackman:

Sorry for the long post.
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

my entry for this week is a signature of the leafs current captain John Tavares

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I have so many to pick from.... way more TTM than IP, but I'll show this one off. Got it In Person, at a charity event last year:

And a close up of the signature / inscription:

Not an NHL signature, but I think it counts as a hockey one :) Jerry House played the role of Dave 'Killer' Carlson in Slapshot. "Take that sentence back!" Is what he yelled at that goon Barclay Donaldson, before he made Dave into a mess :)

For those that might be interested: The event was raising money for a concussion foundation. Mostly it was Dave Hanson & Jeff Carlson (two of the Hanson brothers) doing the talking. Jerry Houser, Allan Nicholls (Johnny Upton), Guido Tenisi (Billy Charlebois), and Jean Tetreault (Andre Bergeron) were all there too.

They did a 30 minute, or so, talk about the movie - and then posed for photos & signed autographs for those that wanted them. I'd been doing a lot of Slapshot Autos through the mail leading up to it, so I didn't get anything signed from most of them... but I did need Tetreault (who was thrilled that I had extra copies of the custom card with me) and Houser. Killer is my favorite character from the movie, and I bought the jersey to bring with me and have signed (as well as a custom card). It was a treat to talk to the man. He's quite obviously a naturally friendly guy, smiling, and happy to talk. These guys have signed tons of autographs over the years - but it was obvious he was happy to be signing a jersey of his character. When I asked for the inscription, he got a big smile on his face - was happy to do it, and we talked about his character for a few minutes. It was a great time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is one of the better entry weeks as it shows some of the personal side of collecting beyond ripping packs.

Ken Dryden was in Calgary a few years ago. There was a concussion study going on, he was here as a speaker. I had 3 kids in ice sports so it was relevant just to hear what was going in with regards to concussions, but it was Ken Dryden! Was my hero growing up, I was a huge Habs fan. Playing street hockey I had to be the goalie, so I could stand in net and strike the famous pose.

I just had to meet the guy, hoping there was a meet and greet of some kind after the program. Sure enough they announced we could come up and meet the speakers, get some pics, etc. I stood in line and took my Dryden replica mask with me. Finally - I met Ken Dryden, shook his hand, and he signed my mask! Was just a very cool moment meeting him and getting his autograph.

IMG_0947.JPG

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Loving the stories behind the signatures you guys! This is awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

My through the mail of the Great One. Most likely Autopen, but still a TTM from Gretzky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast