Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Best IP/TTM Autograph

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • GabbyGuy

1 5.56%
  • PRoy33Collector

3 16.67%
  • johnse27

1 5.56%

2 11.11%
  • 30ranfordfan

2 11.11%
  • scarrman

4 22.22%
  • FatFrank

1 5.56%
  • sullivan_fan

2 11.11%
  • morasha7

0 0%
  • mikecole141

2 11.11%
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Voting - Show & Tell Contest - Week 13 - Best IP/TTM Autograph

Some fantastic pieces & stories this week! Thanks all of you who took the time to share!

Good luck with the voting!
    @GabbyGuy - On December 20, 2007, I was in the press box for the Rangers-Wild game where Marian Gaborik scored 5 goals. After the game, I went to the locker room and Gabby was being interviewed by every reporter there. When finished, I congratulated him (he said 'Thanks!"). Then a Wild rep brought over his 5 goal pucks to take a photo. I was standing right to Gabby's left (photo's right). Of course, they cut me off from being in the photo...dang photographers!

Anyway, I ended up getting a copy of that photo and had Gaborik sign it with "5 goals" inscription

@PRoy33Collector - Hammer signed by Dave "The Hammer" Schultz. From an event at my LCS, July 2020.

@johnse27 - In 2019 I was involved in a Leafs Alumni Hockey game where I was able to play as a Leaf for the game by winning an auction to earn money for Canadian Mental Health Association. I was able to eat dinner with all the players then go on the ice and try not to embarrass myself. At the time I was 53 years old so well past my prime(if I ever had a prime). Included in the auction was a jersey they provided me with, which I had all the players sign after the game. It was the highlight of my hockey career(of which there we very few lights at all). Some of the players involved were Wendel Clark, Gary Leeman, Darcy Tucker, Shayne Corson and Al Iafrate. I have since seen Iafrate and Corson at other fund raisers and had them sign my photograph of all the players. The jersey though brings back great memories of that night. Here you go!

These were all the players minus Wendel who was visiting with fans(I'm the small guy at the far left lol):

Here is picture of myself, Tucker, Wendel, Luca Caputi and Ric Jackman:

@09232003 - my entry for this week is a signature of the leafs current captain John Tavares

@30ranfordfan - I have so many to pick from.... way more TTM than IP, but I'll show this one off. Got it In Person, at a charity event last year:

And a close up of the signature / inscription:

Not an NHL signature, but I think it counts as a hockey one :) Jerry House played the role of Dave 'Killer' Carlson in Slapshot. "Take that sentence back!" Is what he yelled at that goon Barclay Donaldson, before he made Dave into a mess :)

For those that might be interested: The event was raising money for a concussion foundation. Mostly it was Dave Hanson & Jeff Carlson (two of the Hanson brothers) doing the talking. Jerry Houser, Allan Nicholls (Johnny Upton), Guido Tenisi (Billy Charlebois), and Jean Tetreault (Andre Bergeron) were all there too.

They did a 30 minute, or so, talk about the movie - and then posed for photos & signed autographs for those that wanted them. I'd been doing a lot of Slapshot Autos through the mail leading up to it, so I didn't get anything signed from most of them... but I did need Tetreault (who was thrilled that I had extra copies of the custom card with me) and Houser. Killer is my favorite character from the movie, and I bought the jersey to bring with me and have signed (as well as a custom card). It was a treat to talk to the man. He's quite obviously a naturally friendly guy, smiling, and happy to talk. These guys have signed tons of autographs over the years - but it was obvious he was happy to be signing a jersey of his character. When I asked for the inscription, he got a big smile on his face - was happy to do it, and we talked about his character for a few minutes. It was a great time.

@scarrman - This is one of the better entry weeks as it shows some of the personal side of collecting beyond ripping packs.

Ken Dryden was in Calgary a few years ago. There was a concussion study going on, he was here as a speaker. I had 3 kids in ice sports so it was relevant just to hear what was going in with regards to concussions, but it was Ken Dryden! Was my hero growing up, I was a huge Habs fan. Playing street hockey I had to be the goalie, so I could stand in net and strike the famous pose.

I just had to meet the guy, hoping there was a meet and greet of some kind after the program. Sure enough they announced we could come up and meet the speakers, get some pics, etc. I stood in line and took my Dryden replica mask with me. Finally - I met Ken Dryden, shook his hand, and he signed my mask! Was just a very cool moment meeting him and getting his autograph.

@fatfrank - My through the mail of the Great One. Most likely Autopen, but still a TTM from Gretzky.

@sullivan_fan - This one took a trip to get to this point. in 2023-ish Wendel Clark visited my town's Canadian Tire for a signing, my cousin had this Leafs jersey so she got him to sign it. fast forward a few years and my son is really into hockey, so she gives him the jersey as a birthday gift. My wife then had a dental conference in Toronto and their vendor who always hosts a cocktail party had it at the Hockey Hall of Fame, with Doug Gilmour mingling with everyone. She got him to add his name. And finally this past october I took my son to an NHL Alumni vs Police charity game and he got to add 3 more names to the jersey. Mike Krushelnyski, Dave Hutchinson and Frank Corrado.

@morasha7 - Wow! Those are some great stories! This is my favourite week so far.

My story isn't super interesting. I spent some time at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto back in '94. The team came to visit the patients and I happened to get a signed puck. The signatures are Wendell Clark and Todd Gill.

@mikecole141 - In 2010 I had the opportunity to attend two signings at my LCS in Edmonton when Wayne's Sports Cards hosted Gordie Howe one weekend prior to him signing at the Bossa Card Show that weekend, and followed that up the next weekend with another in-store signing with Johnny Bower. Looking for something for them to sign I was wondering about a phot that had the two of them together considering how long they both played in the NHL facing one another.

Not only did I find a great photo with the help of NIcky at the store, I ended up getting great reactions from both of them as Gordie Howe swears he scored and Johnny Bower insisted he made the save. Considering it looks like the puck is going wide, Gordie is focused on making a landing and Bower's eyes are closed I'm going to go with probably no goal, and neither one of them remembered correctly and were making sure I got a great story. Either way, I got Johnny to add "No Goal" to the photo, making it absolutely perfect.

Both Gordie and Johnny were amazing to meet, and I love the items I had them sign, but this one is my favourite.

A hard choice this week, and I was torn over which IP/TTM autograph as I have a really nice Alex Faulkner autograph. A picture from his first game with the Leafs against the Habs, which I lucked into during conversation with Alex's family on twitter years ago when I was asked about my Maple Leafs jersey with the number 8 and Faulkner on the back, and they were kind enough to send me the photo for my collection.

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TL1217's Items on eBay

Cool stuff. Too many Leaf fans lol.��
    I collect Jordan Love, CJ Stroud, and Mn Wild

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@tl1217 Feel free to dilute it with the Week 14 contest!

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

voted
    but it was tough..

alot of good shows..

and tells..
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards