Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TL1217's Items on eBay

Need some help with US and Canadian Coins

My Grandpa passed away and was a coin collector. He has a very big collection of coins. We are just starting to look at it and trying to figure out what to do with them.

I cannot afford to buy off the whole collection, nor would I want to, as I do not collect coins.

To put his collection into perspective to sports cards, he likely doesn't have something like a Honus Wagner, but could have something like a Mantle, Jordan, Gretzky.

We are going to start looking through it and I will have a chance to buy pieces from it.

To help me prepare, I am looking for some help. If you could pick a coin or set/collection of coins going back into the mid late 1800's, what would you pick, or in terms of cards - What is your Honus Wagner of coins and what would be your Mantle, Jordan, Gretzky.

If you have knowledge or opinions about Canadian coins, I would be interested to hear the same for Canada.
    I collect Jordan Love, CJ Stroud, and Mn Wild

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

In my opinion, there are "VALUABLE" coins in each type of U. S. coins. To try to answer your question, in my opinion, buy "The Official RED Book" A GUIDE BOOK OF UNITED STATES COINS by R. S. YEOMAN and KENNETH bressett. The book covers the values of all types of U. S. Coins, on all possible comditions. A "BLUE" book of U. S. coins gives an idea of "buying" costs by coin shops and collectors (they are definitely lower than the true coin values, but everyone is always trying to make money on the money). Hope this helps you. Have a good day, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TL1217's Items on eBay

Thank you Rodney