Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Final Push to the Playoffs...or Team/Personal Stat Goals

Well, we are into the final week of the regular season. The push to the playoffs is going to make for some great races in both conferences.

In the East, you've the Islanders, Penguins, Capitals, Red Wings, and Flyers all pushing for the final wild card spot / 3rd in the Metro (not the Wings obviously) -- Crosby has been on fire lately and is singlehandedly willing his team into the postseason. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded of his actual greatness. It's going to come right down to the wire, I think. Who do you guys think makes it in?

Over in the West, there's still some room for maneuvering within the playoffs seeding, though it looks like all the teams themselves are pretty much confirmed. It would take a monumental collapse by Vegas to lose their spot -- but they do have a couple tough games, but the Blues also have a tough sled. I think the Canucks will sow up the Pacific this weekend too.

Meanwhile, it's been another tough go for my Habs this year. There have been some bright spots, primarily the first line. Suzuki, Caufield, and Slafkovsky have all set personal bests, and Mike Matheson (despite the occasional defensive lapse) has also been super on the blueline anchoring a young corps. Suzuki may yet hit 80 points, Caufield has 25G, and if Slafkovsky registers 1G and 1A then that's a 20-30-50 season for him. Not shabby for the #1 overall pick that many were calling a bust not long ago, Habs fans included. LOL

So yeah, how's your team doing? Are you pushing for the playoffs? Any personal milestones for your team?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Elliotte broke the news and it's now official: Lane Hutson is a Habs!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

McDavid hitting 100 assists last night is pretty cool. The lightning have one game left, so Kucherov probably does it too. People in these parts are making a big deal about Matthews' 70 goals (and they should, it's an amazing feat) but 100 assists is even rarer. Less players have done it, and it's happened fewer times:

Matthews would be the 9th player to do it, and it would be the 15th time it's happened:
    Wayne Gretzky (4)
    Brett Hull (3)
    Mario Lemieux (2)
    Alexander Mogilny
    Phil Esposito
    Teemu Selänne
    Jari Kurri
    Bernie Nicholls

For 100 Assists? McDavid is now the 4th player to do that, and it's the 14th time it's ever been done (as I said, Kucherov looks likely to join him)
    Gretzky (11)
    Lemieux
    Orr
    McDavid

The push for the final spot in the East is wild!

Red Wings (vs MON) 89 / 27
    Capitals (vs PHI) 89 / 31
    Penguins (vs NYI) 88 / 32
    Flyers (vs WSH) 87 / 30

That's points, and regulation wins (the first tie breaker)

If Washington wins (doesn't matter how) they're in. If they get a single point, they need Detroit & Pittsburgh to get no more than 1 point each.
    If Philly beats Washington in regulation and Detroit and Pittsburgh both lose in regulation, they're in.
    If Detroit wins (doesn't matter how) and Washington loses (doesn't matter how) they're in.
    Pittsburgh needs a single point, plus regulation losses by Detroit and Washington - or a win (doesn't matter how) plus no more than 1 point by Detroit and Washington.

The west, they're still jockying for position: I'll just mention the pacific:

Edmonton is likely finishing 2nd. If they win their last two, and Vancouver drops both of theirs - then Edmonton would over take them. I don't see this happening. VAN (1) and EDM (2) is how it's going to finish.
    LA is hanging onto 3rd, but they're just one point up on Vegas.... LA has one game (CHI) to go, while Vegas has two (CHI, ANA). If they finish tied, Kings will have the tie breaker.

What makes the guessing really fun is Nashville. They're done with 99 points. They will have the tie breaker over LA (who can only get to 99) or Vegas (who can get to 100).

What does this mean? Basically, Nashville is locked into the first wild card spot, which means they're going to play Vancouver. It's just a question of who finishes 3rd (LA or VEG) and plays Edmonton, and who gets the 2nd WC slot, and plays Dallas.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

@30ranfordfan I always love seeing Gretzky stats. This one is particularly crazy. Think about the fact that in the entire history of the NHL, only three other players (probably soon to be four unless Kucherov has to go on LTIR until Game 1 of the playoffs) have ever hit 100 assists in a season. And they all only ever did it once. Gretzky did it ELEVEN times! hahaha It's just off the charts.

1st NHL game for Logan Mailloux tonight.
    Hoping for Lane Hutson's 1st NHL goal.

The 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens: don't be glad it's over, be sad that it happened. LOL

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I'm happy Slafkovsky got the 20-30-50. Hutson...this kid is a player. I know it's a very small sample size. But he looks already like he belongs, and I look forward to seeing what he can do when wins and losses matter. I suspect he will be headlining 2024-25 Upper Deck Series 1 in the fall. LOL

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

As a hawks fan I'm glad the season is almost over. Not so much because how they played, but because I'm just so tired of hearing the so called "fans" moaning and groaning about how bad the team, coaching and GM are. I for one am happy how the direction the whole organization is going. Right now we have 6 players 22 or under that will be on the team next year and maybe 11, 25 and under. The future is looking bright. We also have a ton of cap space.