Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Kansas City Chiefs Chicago Bears

Ken Griffey Jr. question

I recently acquired a large collection of cards. In this collection, I ran across 4 sealed packs of Classic baseball, 1992 Classic (with a great looking Ken Griffey Jr card on in front), 1992 Classic with Barry Bonfs, Roger Clemens, Steve Avery, and Nolan Ryan card on front. I also have a sealed pack of 1990 Classic baseball with a Ken Griffey Jr card on in front and a sealed pack with Frank Viola, "Texas Heat", Chipper Jones, and Don Mattingly card in front.

My question is, do I leave them sealed or open them and probably get the Ken Griffey Jr cards graded. Ugggg, what to do??????

Going to try and add photos.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Very simple "do what you want to do", no matter what anyone else says. Afterall, they are yours. Have a good time collecting, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Amen, BUT would the individual cards, graded, give me a better return?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Unless they come back 10s, it's not worth the grading cost. Looks like the last 9 on the 1990 sold for under $20, and it probably costs you that much to slab it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Good point

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really not worth it to open those to send in for grading as you don't really have much upside. Also the cards that are on the front of those vacuum sealed packs like that are always the most damaged. The front and back ones so getting a 10 out of those would be a stretch if the grading is accurate.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/