Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Eastern Conference Finals start tonight! Who do you have advancing? I think it's going to a series fought tooth-and-nail, with the Rangers ultimately emerging victorious...probably 6 or 7.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Though no fan, Rangers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Washington Capitals Chicago Blackhawks
    See sleepn0t's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

Well, I collect Bobrovsky since last year; he's a hell of a goaltender imo... so my heart is with the Panthers obviously.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I guess you'd have preferred that the Canucks got through instead... But the way I see it, I'm glad there's a Canadian team in the 3rd round. Plus, I'd really like to see McDavid hoist the Cup (this year). In yesterday's game, Vancouver had only 2 little shots in the first. Also, during their 4-minute powerplay, no shots on goal?! Really?! It's Game 7, 2nd round of the Playoffs, you're playing at home, and that's the way you come out.

Of course they didn't have their no. 1 goaltender, nor Boeser for that last game, and they missed a couple of good chances in front of the net too; I guess this could well have gone the other way, having had a little more luck. But at the same time, the way Vancouver came out, to me, is kind of unacceptable, if you wanna win a Game seven.. Lastly, on the NHL website, they mention Pettersson slump may have cost the Canucks the series. I think that's a good point, where was he actually? True that the players aren't paid during the postseason...

Yeah they are a less hated Canadian team to cheer for. McDavid winning a cup would be good for the sport though.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I tried looking for a loophole, like maybe the Rangers had a lot of Canadian players...
    Turns out they only have 5.
    Meanwhile, the Oiler's have over 20...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Washington Capitals Chicago Blackhawks
    See sleepn0t's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

Quote Originally Posted by mooneyes
    Yeah they are a less hated Canadian team to cheer for. McDavid winning a cup would be good for the sport though.

Honestly, I wasn't aware of that at all. I'm in the east part of Canada, and I do not see this in my area... Is there a reason for such a thing?! May I ask why, and since when, it's like this? Thx!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honestly, I wasn't aware of that at all. I'm in the east part of Canada, and I do not see this in my area... Is there a reason for such a thing?! May I ask why, and since when, it's like this? Thx!

It's not, just my personal feelings. I'm a Jets fan and the Oiler's used to own the Jets, especially in the 80's.
    I like the idea of a Canadian team winning, but in reality I won't be able to cheer for them, unless they were playing the Habs.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't know about the rest of the country, but in Ontario we certainly get bombarded with "last Canadian team in the playoffs" and the now running "31 year drought, since a Canadian team won".

I feel like I like my country as much as the next 40+ year old in Canada.... so I can only speak for myself when I say this, but a Canadian based NHL club winning a Stanley Cup would do nothing to instill any sense of national pride in me. The notion that it's good for Canada that one of the 7 NHL clubs win a cup, I've just never understood it. It's really good for that fan base (and local economy), but that's it.

I don't know when exactly this started, but I do have distinct memories in 2006 of the Oilers being billed as "Canada's team" (maybe not until they reached the finals though?). I think the idea of a Canadian team winning is very popular amongst casual fans (i.e. the ones that watch a few periods a year, but will tune into watch full games of the SCF finals, Olympics, maybe other playoff games).

For myself: There's a couple of Canadian based clubs that would be my 31st and 32nd most preferred Stanley Cup winners, and another that would be somewhere in my bottom 5.

Of course my beloved Oilers are still in it, and I'll be happy when they win it all :)

I didn't bother filling out a bracket this year, because I always do terrible at them. The closest I have is a Whatsapp group chat where we made predictions. I went 6/8 in the first round (I was wrong in picking WPG and NSH to win in the 1st round) but I did correctly pick all four conference finalists (which I had posted all my picks in this thread earlier, so you don't have to take my word for it). My pre-playoff prediction was Edmonton over the New York Rangers in the finals. I see no reason to change.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345