Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Again you not showed anything but one Judge price that sold more. In the card market many things are shilled to create a comp or try to show proof a one company being better than another. Just like you preaching that TAG is better because of your self interest in the card you hold imo. I shared why i do not like PSA or others because I know folks are human and make mistakes. If there was not humans behind the computers I might agree it eliminates subjectivity. Too many dollars thrown at a company or a person at the company could easily sway the grading standards imo.
    @MRich1976

SCF Rewards
    Country

@doniceage

I actually provided you two examples. I'm sure I could find more if I had a little extra time. It does not, however, invalidate my point. I have cards out with SGC right now, but I think for 1989 and newer, tag is better than PSA if you'd like consistent, low-subjectivity grading, and a digital report on why the card graded like it did -- on every card. Not just cards over a certain value.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@doniceage

I actually provided you two examples. I'm sure I could find more if I had a little extra time. It does not, however, invalidate my point. I have cards out with SGC right now, but I think for 1989 and newer, tag is better than PSA if you'd like consistent, low-subjectivity grading, and a digital report on why the card graded like it did -- on every card. Not just cards over a certain value.

Your mention two examples and I truly believe if TAG actually sold more than PSA or BGS you would see a ton more stuff graded by them. Perhaps it will happen but in a prime example here is a whole list of 10 sold of Justin Verlander a very common rookie. I did not see one TAG card on the list in the first 40 cards that sold in like the last three months. I truly think if TAG was so superior folks would be forgoing even grading with PSA anymore. Of course as I said you have many deep pockets with PSA and BGS and many of them will not change who they grade with ever.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...te=1&LH_Sold=1

So, how can you say TAG cards sell more than the other companies when their is no comparison. As you say you provided two examples in a market that is made of of Million of Transactions. As you seen if there is money to be made folks with gravitate for it and it doesn't appear to happening from a quick search.

DON
    @MRich1976
    Last edited by doniceage; 05-14-2024 at 03:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@doniceage
    I didn't say TAG sold more. I said they can (and sometimes do) sell for more.

There's a difference there. Remember, also, they're a "relative" unknown, since they haven't been around long. They're apparently catching on pretty heavily in the TCG market, and I think more and more sports card collectors are coming around to them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@doniceage
    QUOTE]I didn't say TAG sold more. I said they can (and sometimes do) sell for more.

There's a difference there. Remember, also, they're a "relative" unknown, since they haven't been around long. They're apparently catching on pretty heavily in the TCG market, and I think more and more sports card collectors are coming around to them.

I am referring to selling more than Psa in price not volume. As reference from earlier conversation you mentioned they can sell for more. Hence me asking for references as any one can shill cards to set a false ceiling.

I know of people who are actually selling TAG 10's above PSA 10 comps.

. What you said earlier. Hence, I took a very lucrative base rookie which people would want to sell and shared you a link and it shows no TAG sold in the last several months. Again, if as you state above in your last post
    sports card collectors are coming around to them

where is the proof in a card that has many graded copies out there. If there is a way to make money folks will grade with whatever company that is going to bring them the best comps day in and day out. It definitely is not TAG for sport cards. I told you before it might be a better product but you have to get higher sales and all the folks who grade with psa to switch over and I do not see that happening.

If you spend time on their community there is a lot of good stuff but many posts day in and day out say they are not up with the values. Just two quickly from a old chat 4 months ago and I could quote more in that long chat.

I mean that just in one thread and that two folks saying what I am saying. In time perhaps they will out sell PSA etc.but it is not happening enough for folks to switch. If sport cards of Tag cards like your Emmit Smith sell for more than a PSA or BGS graded card on a average basis you can bet folks will switch to TAG. Just not happening anytime soon as it will be a slow migration if it does happen.
    @MRich1976

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 05-17-2024 at 03:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12