Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1992-93 UD McDonalds UK print set - help?

I collected most of the early McDonald's sets, get some fries and some hockey cards.

I picked up this set about 30 years ago when this set was released, not from McDonalds, sold separately. The certificate card indicates the set meets the US Customs requirements and has been altered as such. Apparently back then, for this set at least, they were printed in the UK and not in the States. So, some sets were confiscated, stamped that they were printed in the UK, and released.

Very odd scenario, does anyone know more about this situation? Did this really happen, is this legit? I bought these based on the story, it does make sense, the certificate looks legit, but very odd this would happen on virtually penny cards.

If anyone can add to this story, or help explain, would love to hear more. Thanks.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I have that set, but not stamped like that. This is the first I heard of it.... I didn't think the McDonalds cards were ever available in the USA?

I'm interested in knowing more though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have tried researching and can't find anything.
    The story I was told, UD had some card manufacturing done in the UK, likely to save money. These cards were apparently printed in the UK, imported into the States for packaging, and then shipped to McDonalds Canada. Some cards were seized and had to be stamped as "printed in the UK" to allow selling.
    Weird story, just seeing if anyone knows more.