Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Smile Poll: Buying Many Sports Cards Recently?

It is no secret that inflation has been effecting many people's budgets.
    My poll question is, have you been buying:

1 - More Cards Recently

2 - The Same As Usual

3 - Less Than In The past

Have a great day!!!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I buy the same but been doing it mostly at shows or on ebay.

What about you?
    @mailministry

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

I buy the same but been doing it mostly at shows or on ebay.

What about you?
    @mailministry

DON

Don,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've been buying less in the past few months than I was.
    Ebay is my primary source for anything card related.
    My last purchase of substance was a sealed Nolan Ryan Texas Express set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buying of everything has been way down this year
    *New* Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Buying of everything has been way down this year

Is that really true? Just went to a show set up and we had the most ever in the history of the show (100 tables) with tons of people in attendance.

Just what is happening in my neck of the woods and there a ton of traffic of folks buying. On a grand scale of things I know some guys that have gone out of business but the problem is someone swept in and bought out all of their inventory. Just think the landscape is still there just changing from person to person or business to business. I mean just look at all the technology and the dollars that has been put into the hobby. I personally think it has to shrink but that is just my opinion no evidence to support it as I do not get sales figures from the companies or various platforms on how much dollars is sold.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes

Don't know where you are located or what specifically would be selling hot (singles, boxes, etc) but everything is down. If we ignore the economy of the country/world as a whole and just focus card related stuff. Baseball is down or flat for nearly every player. It is a blood bath for several non economy related factors (Wander Franco etc) for guys from 2018 and onward. In football Tom Brady is down and Mahomes is flat after winning a Super Bowl. In the NBA everyone is down from the start of the season and high end Jordan and Lebron James cards are down up to 75% from peak prices. Stuff like racing, wrestling, soccer, and UFC you can't give away. Even retail for basketball, baseball, and football languishes on the shelf at Target and Wal Mart. Discounted retail has returned to these places for the first time in 4-5 years. Even grading submissions are way down.

Yeah some cards will still be hitting peak prices and people are still going to shows but people are getting squeezed everywhere and hobbies are the first thing to get cut. Less disposable income means less to go around and it is a ripple effect that tanks everything. Sports aren't going to be spared and it is going to get worse.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I disagree that everything is down. I see so many stores getting retail bought out leaving shelves empty. Will take a picture showing you how bare the shelves are.

You mention grading is down where do you get that info?

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...-card-grading/

A record month sounds contrary to what you’re stating here. Sorry to say it not happening like you saying. If submissions are up that means more folks are pouring dollars again to grade cards. Which means ripping boxes like crazy for Victor, Bedard, Clarke, and other hot rookies to grade. It will stop sometime but it not happening to the degree your stating.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lmk if you have any articles to read about the hobby tanking?

Don

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (44)
    Country
    West Virginia Mountaineers

It's about the same for me, personally
    I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills, Trevon Wesco, Pat McAfee, Darius Stills, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Charles Sims, Sam Huff, Chuck Howley, Jerry West (NBA), Jevon Carter (NBA), Jedd Gyorko (MLB), etc.
    and
    Dolphins, Avalanche, St.L Cardinals, & SF Giants