Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony going PRO?

Anthony going PRO?

I'm pretty sheltered at work but I was listening to CNBC and heard Carmelo Anothony decided to forgo college and enter the draft.

Anyone else hear this?

Who would you take if you had the first pick? James or Anthony?

BGray

lol. Here's what Anthony said, in a nutshell:

"...I've won the championship; I've won the rookie of the year awards. Not trying to be selfish or anything like that...but what else is there for me to accomplish...?"

I'd take Lebron James, for the fan attraction he will bring, esp. with season ticket holders.

Both are unproven....and both could become busts.

Remember Harold "Baby Jordan" Miner?

Or Grant Hill?

It kills me whenever I hear people compare Lebron to Jordan. Hell, compare him to Kobe, first. lololol.

Yeah right, at least start with Kobe. :)

I'd take Lebron. He's already close to having an NBA body and I think his up side is that of a "special" player, not that Anthony couldn't be as well.

BGray

I think Carmelo will be a good NBA'er but I don't see him as anything special. Jaron Brown for Pitt handled Carmelo in both matchups and Brown is giving up 5 inches. He is making a smart move in leaving though and should be top 3 behind LeBron and that tall European dude.

Originally posted by IggyWH
    I think Carmelo will be a good NBA'er but I don't see him as anything special. Jaron Brown for Pitt handled Carmelo in both matchups and Brown is giving up 5 inches. He is making a smart move in leaving though and should be top 3 behind LeBron and that tall European dude.
    Darko!! I just hope the Nuggets can get one of these guys and stop being the laughing stock of the NBA. Well, that probably will never happen. GO Rockets!

One advantage for Nuggets for next year -- no more juwan howard and that farking ridiculous $20M a year contract (or whatever the exact amount was).

Rumors are that he could be headed to L.A. for the mid level exception of $4.5M. He's a power forward, can handle Duncans/Rasheeds/Garnett, and has a reliable outside shot.

Lakers could use this guy right now!!

Originally posted by podstock
    One advantage for Nuggets for next year -- no more juwan howard and that farking ridiculous $20M a year contract (or whatever the exact amount was).

Rumors are that he could be headed to L.A. for the mid level exception of $4.5M. He's a power forward, can handle Duncans/Rasheeds/Garnett, and has a reliable outside shot.

Lakers could use this guy right now!!
    The Nugs are going to have a lot of cap room and are supposedly going after all the top free agents, I dont see them landing the top guys, but maybe get an Arenas.

Juwan wouldn't be a good fit in LA IMO because he's going to want to put up 15-20 shots a game and he just isn't going to get that in LA... the same reason why players like Rice, Jones, Cambell and Van Exel are no longer on the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast