Thread: My Pet Peeve.

My Pet Peeve.

I can't STAND the fact that I am only person on here with access to a Beckett. If I want to trade the person will list cards that they like and want to trade for and then ask "what's the BV?" Now I have to go look up the cards when they probably have access to the same information that I do. Plus if I give them the wrong price I know that they will correct me.GRRRRR. I have the cards in my photobucket so that they can see the card and figure out the make for themselves. Maybe I should add money to my price for my having to look it up!!!!
    This goes along with a person who asked me to help with a set only to tell me that they had ONE CARD!!! Then when I got the rest of the set together I was told it was too high.(40) What my time is not important?
    Then just recently, I had a person want 2 cards about $22 They offered $5. I'm not sure if this is fair but when I do the math
    bubble mailer .90
    DC .55
    Postage .90
    2 1touch cs 2.50
    total 4.80
    that is not including the price of the cards or my time and gas to mail. Am I being Crazy here or do I have some valid points. Thanks for letting me get this out.
    MJB

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    i should probably sign up for that but i never do. but thanks again for helping me out on some pricing. i dont ask that often but i always appreciate anyone who helps.

That rant was not about stuff not booking. I can understand that. It is for the stuff in the book that people are to L to look up. I f I have ERP I have no problem helping out

1st of all, goos fra ba. :)

When I go into a trade, I always try to determine bv of both my cards and their cards, whether they ask or not. So even if they do ask, I already have the info.

I have seen on several different threads that since the card is hot, and sells for at above book, they will trade or sell at what they believe the card is worth.

So my current take on this is: when someone asks, "what is the bv of the card?", they are also asking "Are you trading/selling for more than bv and if so, why?".

This interpretation is subject to change of course, but it seems to be working for me so far.

Thx!
    R

Quote Originally Posted by mjbowman
    I can't STAND the fact that I am only person on here with access to a Beckett. If I want to trade the person will list cards that they like and want to trade for and then ask "what's the BV?" Now I have to go look up the cards when they probably have access to the same information that I do. Plus if I give them the wrong price I know that they will correct me.GRRRRR. I have the cards in my photobucket so that they can see the card and figure out the make for themselves. Maybe I should add money to my price for my having to look it up!!!!
    This goes along with a person who asked me to help with a set only to tell me that they had ONE CARD!!! Then when I got the rest of the set together I was told it was too high.(40) What my time is not important?
    Then just recently, I had a person want 2 cards about $22 They offered $5. I'm not sure if this is fair but when I do the math
    bubble mailer .90
    DC .55
    Postage .90
    2 1touch cs 2.50
    total 4.80
    that is not including the price of the cards or my time and gas to mail. Am I being Crazy here or do I have some valid points. Thanks for letting me get this out.
    MJB
    hey man, sorry I asked for book values. I do have access to Beckett from my home PC, but it's firewalled here at the office.

My pet peeve is when you offer a high-end card for trade, and someone replies that they are interested, and will trade "way in your favor" for the card. Yet, when you look at their trade list, it's only littered with $2 RCs, $5 GU and $10 autos.

I'm sorry, but I can't trade a hot $100 card for 60 Topps Total and Bazooka RCs.

Oh, I also can't stand when certain posters are interested in every high-end card that is offered on the site. If you see something nice offered, you can bet that the same couple suspects will reply that they are interested, regardless of what the card is. Just pick something to collect and go with it, already. You're just wasting bandwidth by posting 10,000 times, with no hope of ever making a trade with your lacking tradelist, because every decent card you have is PC and not tradable.

ok, rant over.