Thread: my wifes right

Angry my wifes right

all along my wife said anything over 50 dollars a box is a waste of money,i think the odds of getting your moneys worth out of a cheaper box is easier,sure take ud sweetspot which i just spent 83 bucks on you are guaranteed 2 autographs and 2 sweet beginnings cards you figure 1 of your autos will be a name player and justify the cost of the box ,but when you pull some crappy rookie and a retired semistar not much value in that at all,plus there are only 12 packs at 4 cards per so 83 bucks for 48 cards and 2 autos of nonames,now topps heritage on the other hand which guarantees you nothing in the way of autos or gu per hobby box is a much better buy for 39 bucks,you get to open 24 8 card pax instead of 12 4 card packs you will get inserts shortprints rookies chrome cards and possibly an auto or gu card,i in no means am a spokesman for topps but their value per box ratio is a hell of alot better than upperdecks,i can,t even show my wife the autographs from upperdeck to justify the price of that box,but if i showed my wife all the cards i put aside from my topps break she would have no complaints ,sorry about the long read just upset at upperdeck right now take care steve

totally agree, from now on i am sticking to cheaper boxes. the bigger boxes also give a huge letdown when you pull crap.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961
    all along my wife said anything over 50 dollars a box is a waste of money,i think the odds of getting your moneys worth out of a cheaper box is easier,sure take ud sweetspot which i just spent 83 bucks on you are guaranteed 2 autographs and 2 sweet beginnings cards you figure 1 of your autos will be a name player and justify the cost of the box ,but when you pull some crappy rookie and a retired semistar not much value in that at all,plus there are only 12 packs at 4 cards per so 83 bucks for 48 cards and 2 autos of nonames,now topps heritage on the other hand which guarantees you nothing in the way of autos or gu per hobby box is a much better buy for 39 bucks,you get to open 24 8 card pax instead of 12 4 card packs you will get inserts shortprints rookies chrome cards and possibly an auto or gu card,i in no means am a spokesman for topps but their value per box ratio is a hell of alot better than upperdecks,i can,t even show my wife the autographs from upperdeck to justify the price of that box,but if i showed my wife all the cards i put aside from my topps break she would have no complaints ,sorry about the long read just upset at upperdeck right now take care steve

So you finally pulled a Delanie Walker eh? :icon_lol:

Sorry couldn't resist :new_silly

I hear you on the price of boxes and what you get from them. I have a buddy on another site who bought a case of the SP Authentic and got shafted bigtime.

This is why I only buy singles and stay far away from boxes. Sorry about the wife being right...but you do know us women are pretty smart

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Chris Brown, Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor & Geno Smith Auto's, multi color patches & 1/1's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

you are so right about the letdown you spend that much you want to have at least 1 card to show off but after you open the box and have garbage you kick yourself for not buying more boxes of the cheaper stuff,take care steve

almost a delanie it is a 49er,i figured after i said i never pulled a delanie the first thing i open would have one ,you are right about buying who you collect on ebay because you know what you,re getting and it,s always cheaper.yes women are smarter than men most of the time i agree,i just wish they wouldn,t rub it in our faces as much,you know what she said after i told her what i pulled,you know you coulda bought 2 boxes for the price of that 1 gee that makes me feel better. thanks for the reply rima and remember everyone resist the urge to buy high end you,ll probably be alot happier with lower end anyways take care steve

I can't find my wants usually because he isn't a star, yet. So the place I go is ebay. I just hate their list prices and the way they are getting ready to raise their prices.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiam0nd66
    Sorry about the wife being right...but you do know us women are pretty smart

Peace~
    Rima
    When I get myself in trouble, I often say you know I am a man, give me a break.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I guess though as far as women being smart.....if I had any good sense I would collect players that had a shot at something other than picking splinters out of their rear ends :new_silly

Seriously Steve....tough break on the box...but look at it this way....if you make that awesome pull your wife will think you are a genius!!

Good luck next time you break a box!!

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Chris Brown, Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor & Geno Smith Auto's, multi color patches & 1/1's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

i quit buying packs and boxes. I never got anything that i was really wanting. from now on i go to the shop, or ebay