Thread: Need your opinion!

Need your opinion!

I have a 86-87 Fleer Jordan #57 RC that's graded PSA 7. I have found a BGS 7.5 for a pretty good price, should I try to sell the PSA 7 and upgrade by buying the 7.5? is it worth my time and effort? I have heard BGS grades are harder to get, so maybe if I get it re-graded the BGS 7.5 at PSA it might get a higher grade...how much would my Jordan PSA 7 go for on ebay? what should I do? Let me know what you think. Thanks
    Alex
    Last edited by movel23; 01-12-2007 at 06:14 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Toronto Raptors Cards and Michael Jordan

2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Why would you get a BGS 7.5 regraded at Beckett? If you regraded at PSA it might get a higher grade...

Honestly, I don't think it's worth it. Getting it regraded costs more because they charge for already graded cards, as far as I know.

I meant get the beckett regraded by PSA so that it would get a higher grade, do you know what I mean? because I have heard beckett is strict with their grading, more so than PSA. Thanks for the opinion though.
    Hidden Content

Yeah, I understand now.

I believe it costs more to get a card regraded than the standard $30 or whatever it is they charge. Depending on how much that is (and if you think it'll end up as a PSA 8 or 9), it could be worth it. Last time I checked, the 7s went for abour $400 while the 8s went for about $600...I could be way off, though.

ya your probably right,... thanks for the info tierre_brown! anybody else have any thoughts?
    Hidden Content

lol @ beckett being stricter, i have seen completely off-center cards (i mean really badly off center!) get graded BGS 10, so i would stick with you PSA Jordan RC :)

I'd say no

I'd also stay away from Beckett's grading.. I've heard too many stories about people sending the same cards they got graded in again under a different name only to get a completely different score the next time..

Ok so it looks like beckett isn't the way to go, maybe that's why PSA Rookies get more than BGS in general. good to get your opinions, more are welcome. Thanks
    Hidden Content